After an exhaustive search, can someone direct me to a build.....

That will allow me to use me my neglected 4x8. I know its hard to see but it's the standard utility with the 1' welded riser frame around 3 sides. I hasen nothing here or on line using these kinds of trailers. Help!!!!!

e9esupe4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

www.garrett.com

4xdog

Explorer
Maybe you need to use the metal dectectors being promoted in your spam link to find your trailer in the snow.

******, this isn't the only forum on Tapatalk I visit. I am a metal detector vendor on another forum. Not that it is any of your business. I didn't mention metal detectors you did.

Is this forum going to be full of smart asses or can I get realistic responses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

www.garrett.com

Luke111

Observer
I believe he was just being funny....your picture shows nothing that resembles a trailer. Try the search forum box... I just typed in Utility Trailer and there are tons of threads regarding utility trailers...

Lou

Thanks Luke, spam link doesn't sound funny. I have done an exhaustive search of this forum. I wouldn't have posted otherwise. Utility brings up harbor freight types which would be fine if I didn't have a trailer already. I saw one guy do a wood slider box in one that was it

3ety7a7a.jpg

Because the balance point is off and the rear is where the weight would have to sit, I don't see how this can be used effectively

Thank Mark, I missed that one but you are right, titles could be the issue. I am looking more for a gear trailer as I am a hammock camper. Just want to get my gear out to the site. I am an avid metal detectorist though and that gear takes up room.

The expedition is where you find look for it right?:)

To get the family more involved getting out, a tub style set up would be great and the kayak racks on top. I am visual, not too conceptual

So, any thoughts on this idea? Was at Menards and saw this site box. It is 48x27x27x27 1/2. It weighs 143 lbs. I could put one in the front of the trailer and one on the tail and fill the middle with jerry cans and tools. This could solve the kayak issue as well

My Sur-Trac trailer has the 5 bolt 4.80x12 tires but has 6 inches of clearance on top to the fender and 3" to the frame. So it seems I can put larger tires on. Hopefully up to 15"

I enjoy following your builds, but I don't have the funds for those kinds of projects while saving for a college fund for an 8 yo.

So any kind of advice would be appreciated

a2a3e7e4.jpg

hidefxj

Observer
Are you looking to modify your trailer or just drop on a camper?

This was my first build:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/107627-Was-a-dump-trailer-Now

Are you looking to go in a different direction?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal