air filter options

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
AC Delco and Baldwin do not offer replacement filters for the 2012+ Jeep JK that I can find.
AF4025 and PA4437? I don't know.
I've actually been using Wix for years, but will probably switch to AC or Baldwin. I already use Baldwin oil filters,

After running the AEM dryflow filter for about a year now and around 8000 miles, with many off road trips in there including Moab in dry summer, I pulled back the intake today and was happy to see that it was perfectly clean and pristine. In the past, with the OEM Chrysler and Purolator air filters, there was always a very fine layer of dust in the pipe and on the throttle body. While this is not hard data from an oil analysis, it is enough proof for me that the OEM air filter media is not efficient enough for dusty off road environments, but the AEM dryflow filter performs as advertised.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
To be clear, I'm not 'set' on the AEM filter, I'm a skeptic, which is why I'm requesting input from those who are actually running the AEM dryflow filter media. The ISO 5011 engineering test results that I attached the link to show some promising filtering effectiveness (99+%) and capacity (240+g @ 10"H2O restriction) of the AEM dryflow media in comparison with other aftermarket filters. Maybe that is not any better than the OEM paper - I dont have ISO 5011 results for that filter.

I have not 'ignored' my filter at any time causing the dust to pass through the filter media. My maintenance habits on my vehicles have been described as 'OCD' by those who know me.:sombrero:

Blowing out an air filter extends the interval of 'plugging' of the filter, it doesn't really increase the filtering effectiveness. In fact, most air filter elements become more effective at filtering as the dirt builds up.

Thanks for the input.

I have used the AEM dry filter with good results. I shoot desert racing so I am in dust and silt all the time. It worked well and did not effect my MAF sensor. A centrifical pre-filter is the best insurance for fine silt. No filter can get 100% of fine particles. The AEM dry filter does work very well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl