All purpose everything trailer build

RandomAbstract

Adventurer
My $.02?.. If the rims are the same color/finish as the tow vehicle's it looks fine most of the time even if they aren't the same rims on both. Otherwise I'd paint 'em black. I'm gonna back that up by painting my own trailer's steelies black... 'cause rust just isn't a color, is it? :D

Rust is a red-brown-orange color resembling iron oxide. It is a commonly used color in stage lighting, and appears roughly the same color as photographic safelights when used over a standard tungsten light source. The color is number 777 in the Lee Filters swatch book.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_%28color%29

:sombrero:

I guess that wasn't the point, was it?

lilgription

Observer
80DDYota could you possibly give me some dimensions . Box size and height.. Side box width....total width of trailer. I would greatly appreciate it

80DDYota

80DDYota could you possibly give me some dimensions . Box size and height.. Side box width....total width of trailer. I would greatly appreciate it

No problem, I'll have to go out and see what they are.
You planning on building one for yourself?

lilgription

Observer
After seeing this design I am. lol. Going 7ft long and wide enough for my mower to fit in. I know that seems long but the trailer will double for a few things.. want it longer to put my river boat in and so i could place a long bed truck tent in it when i get there. Would love to have a rtt but i figured i can get by with that setup for along time , this way it's really not a dedicated camp trailer that i can use for whatever i like

80DDYota

After seeing this design I am. lol. Going 7ft long and wide enough for my mower to fit in. I know that seems long but the trailer will double for a few things.. want it longer to put my river boat in and so i could place a long bed truck tent in it when i get there. Would love to have a rtt but i figured i can get by with that setup for along time , this way it's really not a dedicated camp trailer that i can use for whatever i like

Thats why I built this thing. I wanted something that I can use for what ever, and when ever. I'm the type of person that can't keep one hobbie, so this allows me to keep up with the things that I do. I've kind of put this on hold for now, I mean I got it to where I can use it. I've been using it and haven't finished the little things that I want for it. I still need to make the top and decide on the latches for the tailgate. Too many things goingon at the moment. After the first of the year I have to start on another trailer, a mobile store. I had a guy drop off this eye sore and now I need to make it look pretty, big project......

JeepDork

Adventurer

I don't think 7ft is too long mine is 85" long inside the box (dirt bike) with the tailgate closed.

80DDYota

Ok here are the measurements.....outside box 58"W X 60"L, inside is 40"W X 60"L. Height is 19". You can really build it any size, jeepdork built his more like a full-size. The bigger it is the bigger the space, hauling bikes and such. I built mine smaller because of tools and material and camping.
Good luck on your build, keep us posted.

Last edited:

lilgription

Observer
Thanks a bunch 80DDYota
Ok here are the measurements.....outside box 58"W X 60"L, inside is 40"W X 60"L. Height is 19". You can really build it any size, jeepdork built his more like a full-size. The bigger it is the bigger the space, hauling bikes and such. I built mine smaller because of tools and material and camping.
Good luck on your build, keep us posted.

80DDYota

Well, it's been a while since I've updated the site or worked on the trailer. Once I got it ready to use, I've been using it. So this weekend I finally spent some time on the tailgate latches to replace the ones I had on there. I went a bought some from the hardware store and they failed "big time!".... I was hauling some axles for the M715 and my buddys jack was in the bed. The moment I took off from the first light out of the neighborhood, the jack slammed into the tailgate and flew out the back of the trailer. I'm glad that it wasn't a busy intersection. So, here the new ones. I forgot to take photos of making them.....again.

Photo468_zps147c0646.jpg

Oh, there will be a chance to get a good look at the M715 that was sitting my driveway. I didn't do much of the posting of the truck here because it was my friends and it was being built. So not much to see when it was not all together. I have been busy this year. Help building the M715, biking, work, and starting on my tow rig for the trailer. My buddy has taken that Jeep everywhere and have been getting some interests. He hit the Jeep Easter Safari and got some shots in the Four wheeler. It might even so up in an up coming issue. He showed up in the featured 4 wheel parts vehicle, Good guys, and small shots in Offroad mag.
So heres a shot of how it looks now that was in Fourwheeler mag.

Photo469_zpse891ebde.jpg

Hopefully I'll get another chance on the trailer, gotta to build the top for it and find me a tent cot. Got to get ready for another bike trip.

Last edited:

80DDYota

Thanks everyone for the comments,

Well I was finally able to get some more time for the tie down strips for the sides of the bed

image.jpeg

I had some old roof top bike racks, made them fit my trailer rack now

image1-1.jpeg
bikerack.jpeg

Then made a little bracket so that it can attach to the back of the rack

image2.jpeg

All done

image3.jpeg

On to the next..........

Last edited:

80DDYota

I've been lagging on my trailer because I no longer have my Toy, I went and picked up my new tow rig...

1966 Bronco Half cab
many, many hours in that thing
photo1.jpg

Buddies getting more prepared this year with a new bumper and winch
I'm making sure the new bumper will hold up, 1/4" plate but, first the cardboard one.

photo2.jpg

Then the steel

photo3.jpg
photo4.jpg

ready for the trip to Jeep Easter

photo5.jpg

Oh! Here's a latest shot of the M715, the second year at Jeep Easter. Next year......I'm there!

ResizedImage951364588050014.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach