Alu-Cab Has Landed In The USA!

Mr. Snappy

Adventurer
Don't know anything about HiH, we just decided to go camping that weekend. Drove up there to the lake to check it out, I'd been looking all over that area on google earth before we went. I really wanted to drive to the mine up there, but they've bulldozed too much crap into the way.
Need to figure out a bracket to mount the shadow onto my K9 rack now, anybody got any good ideas or pics?

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Rin,
My Tepui RTT is going down the road. Will the Alu-Cab Expedition 3 fit on my 2-door JK? Does it come in black? I'm going to buy the Front Runner SlimLine II rack and sell the Gobi Stealth rack. Not sure if I like the rear mounts on the Slimline. Is there a possibility that the Rhino Rack rear mounts would work on it? Sorry for all the questions!

I saw you guys at this years MAOF but never got a chance to stop by. You have a great looking Jeep.

Thanks!

SamM

View attachment 367368

Sam,

Thanks man! Yeah I would suggest the Front Runner as a nice base for the Alu-Cab RTT, feel free to shoot me a P'M and I will get you setup! :)

rino

Any more info on Tacoma canopies?

We are happy with the fitment and will be showing them at OEX East. I will have some better info and detailed shots afterwards. Adventure Ready based in Seattle has two units in route if you would like to see one locally.

rino

Don't know anything about HiH, we just decided to go camping that weekend. Drove up there to the lake to check it out, I'd been looking all over that area on google earth before we went. I really wanted to drive to the mine up there, but they've bulldozed too much crap into the way.
Need to figure out a bracket to mount the shadow onto my K9 rack now, anybody got any good ideas or pics?

I have actually pondered this for the last week, do you happen to have any tech specs on that system?

Chris Boyd

Explorer

Well there were 50-odd Hundy's there in Silverton for the annual "Hundreds in the Hills". Check it out on IH8MUD.

Amazing coincidence!

Mr. Snappy

Adventurer
I have actually pondered this for the last week, do you happen to have any tech specs on that system?
No, but I could get some pics and measurements for you. Better rack system imo, than the FR. Do you have any better mounting instructions for the shadow? Especially rear bracket mounting?

Mr. Snappy

Adventurer
Well there were 50-odd Hundy's there in Silverton for the annual "Hundreds in the Hills". Check it out on IH8MUD.

Amazing coincidence!

Yeah, huh?! We thought that there sure were a lot of them there, figured they must just be the rig of choice...

We camped clear at the end of S. Mineral springs Rd, really nice spot next to the creek.

Mr. Snappy

Adventurer
Not to hijack this, but, how do I sign up for next years HiH? Just read the entire thread over on mud, I gots to go!

Just got my tent, awning and sides today.
This tent is the real deal. Very very nice construction.
This is the first RTT i have owned, so I am not an expert on other brands, but from the limited amount I have seen, there is really not much of a comparison.

I will post some more detailed pictures when i get it installed.

IMG_8959.jpg
IMG_8960.jpg

Last edited:
Shipments are out so you guys should be having Christmas in September soon. :)

Here is some images of the mounting for the Expedition III. It is a tad different then conventional RTT mounting, but much very stout.

tentmounting2_zps95dz9rav.png

tentmounting_zps12wfxvby.png

Rin,
The tent came with 4 of those mounting brackets.
They look like they will hit both the bottom and side rails well.

But the side rails only extend about 1/2 way up the tent.
I am assuming the tent needs to be better supported at the front end.

Do you have any instructions, or recommendations of how the brackets are supposed to support the front end?

Thanks,

pacer

Observer
^^^ My understanding is that's it, four mounting points, two cross bars.
Rear bar gets mounted @10" forward of the tailgate, then the next bar 48" forward of the rear bar.
Clear as mud?

toytruck

looking forward to the install photos
do the C channel mounts underneath the tent extend the entire length of the tent itself? Cant really tell from the photos.

looking forward to the install photos
do the C channel mounts underneath the tent extend the entire length of the tent itself? Cant really tell from the photos.

Yes,
the lower channels run the entire length of the tent.

got the tent installed last night.
If I find some time today, i am going to work on the awning.
IMG_8974.jpg
IMG_8981.jpg
IMG_8977.JPG

IMG_8984.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77