Alu-Cab Has Landed In The USA!

bjunc

Observer
I am considering buying the shadow awning to mounts on my expedition 3.Does anyone have a photo of the how alucab designed the awning to mount to the tent?

I just did this on my Wrangler. I should have taken pics, but the gist is that there are two "L" shaped brackets from Alu-cab that wrap around front and rear corners of the tent. You need to drill through the tent (yes!), and bolt the brackets to the tent (you'll need to seal the bolt holes). After that, you'll need to install a small bracket that the awning tightening strap can slide onto. Mine was done using rivets (again, with sealant). It's a very solid lock-up, and helps simplify the roof rack / tent / awning relationship.

Mr. Snappy

Adventurer
Anybody have pics on using the Alu-cab generic mount kit to mount the shadow to a K9 rack?? I want a gen 3 tent from them, but don't have the $$ yet.

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
I am considering buying the shadow awning to mounts on my expedition 3.Does anyone have a photo of the how alucab designed the awning to mount to the tent?

Not off hand, but I do have some cad drawings of the install process if you want to shoot me an email (rino@ok4wd.com) :)

rino

Anybody have pics on using the Alu-cab generic mount kit to mount the shadow to a K9 rack?? I want a gen 3 tent from them, but don't have the $$ yet.

I have not had any customers mount a Shadow Awn to the K9, but out flat rack mounts could possibly work.

Utah200

Adventurer
I have not had any customers mount a Shadow Awn to the K9, but out flat rack mounts could possibly work.

That's funny. When I called your shop this morning someone told me it couldn't be done because the K9 rack wasn't strong enough.

danmedeiros

Observer
Hi guys,

Does anyone have the dimensions of the expedition 3 mattress? I would like to order a anti-condensation mat. I see that CVT no longer sells their cut to fit mats. Anyone know where I can a custom one piece or find a cut to fit?

Thanks!

danmedeiros

Observer
I am also having an issue with condensation forming on the tent fabric with the cover closed. I believe the set is working and is water tight. However condensation is forming in the small air gap between the lid in the base. Concerned about mildew long term

trabs00

Lifetime Social Distancer
Glad for this forum, I have been seeing the same thing... I put an EvaDry renewable dehumidifier in mine (like $15) hoping it will help, I will update. I live in PNW so it rains a couple of days a year in the winter!!

rino

We have had a few customers use the James Baroud XXL condensation mat and trim to fit for the Expedition III.

elcap23

Any idea if there will be a Tundra size option for this? And potential pricing?

Alu-Cab%20Khaya%20Camper%20%20SHadow%20Awning_zps6t0uni9e.jpg

A little teaser for you Tacoma guys :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77