Alu-Cab Has Landed In The USA!

trabs00

Lifetime Social Distancer
Rin,

Is there a more permanent fix than silicone on the rivets? Mine leaked pretty bad at first, but caught it pretty quick and left a dehumidifier in their for a while and escaped without mold. Silicone on all of them seems to be mostly doing the trick. PM me if you don't want to post here.

Thanks
Travis

Rin,

Is there a more permanent fix than silicone on the rivets? Mine leaked pretty bad at first, but caught it pretty quick and left a dehumidifier in their for a while and escaped without mold. Silicone on all of them seems to be mostly doing the trick. PM me if you don't want to post here.

Thanks
Travis

If you get a high quality silicone, particularly clear. you will never see it, and it will probably last longer than most everything else on the vehicle.

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Rin,

Thanks
Travis

If you get a high quality silicone, particularly clear. you will never see it, and it will probably last longer than most everything else on the vehicle.

Like diesel junkie said, silicone is a very long term fix.

fireball

Explorer
I sent them a PM and an email. So far I have received nothing.

Perhaps they built a product, posted it on expo and now do not want to sell it to customers or respond to them!

Redman333

Adventurer
I sent them a PM and an email. So far I have received nothing.

Perhaps they built a product, posted it on expo and now do not want to sell it to customers or respond to them!

Haha maybe. I called them this morning and left a voicemail. Haven't heard anything back yet though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

camodog

Adventurer
Finally, after months of debating, and a few mishaps. I have the shadow installed on my 5th gen with Baja flat rack.
Extra special thanks to Jerdog for helping with the install.
I am pleased with the product but have a few suggestions for Alucab if they are willing to listen.

1st I am happy with the product and glad I finally pulled the trigger.

2nd I had to drill my holes into the bag to get it to go on. Not a hard process but a little weird, other awnings have a solution for this.

3rd the mounting holes are pre determined, instead, a full slide track option would be nice, but I assume because of the weight of this behemoth, that may not be an option?

4th mounting. It is big, and heavy, but I understand why. It's not an awning that one person can easily mount and dismount. It is at a minimum 2 person job, 3 is best, and it takes about 45 minutes to install. A quick connect mounting option would be nice. (Universal for all roofracks if possible)

5th I had to drill a hole and use a pop rivet tool to install the pull strap. That was annoying, it should already been in place.

In the end, I am happy and will report back after a full season of use.

Attachments

• IMG_0485.jpg
    IMG_0485.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0484.jpg
    IMG_0484.jpg
    511.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0483.jpg
    IMG_0483.jpg
    548.8 KB · Views: 55

MobTuff

Observer
We picked up our Alu-Cab Shadow Awning at OEXW and installed it at our campsite at the expo! Carried that sucker all the way back to the farthest camp site. It's not bad install at all. My girlfriend and I had it up in about 2hrs with limited tools and working under the pine trees.

jmh

I will be fitting an AluCab Shadow Awning on my JKU shortly, the hardest part is the lack of rigidity of the Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform. The awning has no need for ground poles so the rack must be up to the task.

Do you recommend a rack other than the Rhino Pioneer for the Alu-Cab Shadow?

I'm looking to outfit my FJ Cruiser with a new aluminum platform rack and was leaning towards the Rhino Pioneer. I was also looking at awnings and the AluCab Shadow was at the top of the list.

Did you solve this problem in a satisfactory manner?

MetalDog

Observer
2nd I had to drill my holes into the bag to get it to go on. Not a hard process but a little weird, other awnings have a solution for this.

4th mounting. It is big, and heavy, but I understand why. It's not an awning that one person can easily mount and dismount. It is at a minimum 2 person job, 3 is best, and it takes about 45 minutes to install. A quick connect mounting option would be nice. (Universal for all roofracks if possible)

5th I had to drill a hole and use a pop rivet tool to install the pull strap. That was annoying, it should already been in place.

I totally agree with 2, 4 and 5. I thought it was weird to have to make my own holes also, but this is the first awning I've had where it didn't have 1-2 mounting channels on the outside for a quick install. Love the awning, but it was indeed a pain to get on. The rivet thing was just plain silly. Clearly should have had the tightening strap pre-installed.

Redman333

Adventurer
Anyone thought maybe they are in transit to OEXW

?

Nope. Why post here then trying to sell them when they won't be available to be contacted. In their post it says contact us. No one here initiated the sale, they did. So if they were going to be busy all they would have e to say is we will be in transit so allow for slower replies or don't post at all and wait until they are ready to actually be contacted.

MetalDog

Observer
Nope. Why post here then trying to sell them when they won't be available to be contacted. In their post it says contact us. No one here initiated the sale, they did. So if they were going to be busy all they would have e to say is we will be in transit so allow for slower replies or don't post at all and wait until they are ready to actually be contacted.

Just reach out to Rin @ OK4WD and buy direct from them. That's what I did after I bought my RTT from Tom @ Adventure Ready and he stopped responding to me. I got my awning and bracket directly from him. He actually sold it to me while the brackets were in route from the vendor.

Attachments

• IMG_1867.jpg
    IMG_1867.jpg
    542.7 KB · Views: 40

fireball

Explorer
I don't think Rin and Ok4wd sell the brackets needed for a gamiviti rack. If they do I will surely buy a set!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77