Alu-Cab Has Landed In The USA!

Redman333

Adventurer
I just watched the video and recognize the truck it is the one from expo east. I've never really been a fan of the drop in bed style campers but really really liked this setup. Easy, fast and very robust. Was very roomy inside as well. I was surprised by this actually. I've been looking at the off-road teardrops camper trailers lately and they are about the same price as this so I'd say it's on par with other products price wise. Similarly equipt that is. I don't have a truck so this wouldn't work for me but if I did I'd be getting this instead of a teardrop trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
How much $$??

They will start at $14,000 and fully kitted $24,000. pricing is still not set in stone and online because we are switching a few components. Plus we have about 30 small changes to implement on the production models for the USA. Those that know me know i'm a picky person and this is why we wanted to get a prototype, tweak and then release. This camper is already like nothing else and we are stoked to reveal the production units this winter! :)

Do we get to see inside?

Yes! Sorry between building the truck up until the day before expo, expo itself, our massive OKtober fest this Sunday and SEMA prep I have been slammed. However next weekend I will be headed up to Vermont for a little recon and will take some shots.

I had the same question. Then found this: Venture4wd just did a walk-thru/around with Rin at Expo.

https://youtu.be/0ATp9Y9yTXE
Yes Chris and I shot this the Tuesday before Expo before I drove to get Jeremy from JFK and we left the next morning for Expo. I was fairly burnt out :)

Hey rin is that the same one from overland expo east?

Yes, this is USA prototype #1. Number #2 just landed this week and is on it's way to Adventure Ready for testing.

I asked that at overland expo east and the guy told me the unit pictured which was there was $25k if I remember correctly and they start around $13k with not much in it.

Correct!

I just watched the video and recognize the truck it is the one from expo east. I've never really been a fan of the drop in bed style campers but really really liked this setup. Easy, fast and very robust. Was very roomy inside as well. I was surprised by this actually. I've been looking at the off-road teardrops camper trailers lately and they are about the same price as this so I'd say it's on par with other products price wise. Similarly equipt that is. I don't have a truck so this wouldn't work for me but if I did I'd be getting this instead of a teardrop trailer.

Thank man! :)

spressomon

Expedition Leader
It is nice to finally see some movement into well designed and constructed camping systems for the USA marketplace! I think we're all long tired of seeing what exciting products exist in parts of Europe, South Africa and Australia, yet very little, if any choice, in segments for real dirt campers/off-road explorers here in the US.

Kudos to you for taking a risk!

MAX4433

Acu-cab awning mount on an LR3.

I'm going to be facing the same situation, I didn't see how you mounted the other end? did you just use the pro-sport awning mounts? or did you modify the other mount as well? Also do you have any templates of the steel plate used? I have not purchased the awning yet, till I solve the mounting issues.

Thanks,
Max

dcoy

Adventurer
Anyone know why the Alucab 3rd Gen Expedition RTT is no longer on the OK4WD site as well as others suppliers sites?

Also, most photos on this thread (at least until the mid 40s) have been "photobucketed", making the thread "worthless" as they say.

Last edited:

e60ral

2016 4Runner Trail w/KDSS
what is the correct pronunciation for alu-cab? i thought i knew how to say it and never questioned it until the MSO guys kept saying "aloooo" instead of "al-you"

harbinger808

Adventurer
Are there any plans for Alu-cab to make an Ossewa for the US market vehicles? If, I'm going to start saving my pennies that what I would ideally want on a Toyota :)

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
what is the correct pronunciation for alu-cab? i thought i knew how to say it and never questioned it until the MSO guys kept saying "aloooo" instead of "al-you"
How do you say "aluminum"? Just eliminate the -minum- from the word and you have it. Most of their products are aluminum based and I would guess that's where it comes from. Talked with the folks at OK4WD a while back on the phone and that's how they pronounced it, also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77