ANOTHER Guy With A Gen 2.5 Build - Sure, why Not? It's My First!

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Looking good. For the bolt, I wonder if some all thread could have been used? This way the head profile extending from the back would have been minimal. Of course the way you did it minimizes the possibility of that bolt pulling through. Very nice.

Wanna make a 2nd one? :D If so, I have some things I'd like to modify your design just a tad so I can use it with my existing Yakima spare tire plate instead.

KIRK!

Amateur Philosopher
Nearly finished it tonight. I just need to cap the top and bottom then paint it.

montero-19.jpg

montero-20.jpg

montero-21.jpg

montero-22.jpg

More than happy to help anyone build stuff.

Last edited:

KIRK!

Amateur Philosopher
Lol seems to me like a good time to start figuring out that stuff and set up a web site for selling things to Mitsu owners...

Side note: what is the other car photo bombing your Monty pics?

I don't know if I'm ready for that. :D

It's my '58 Thunderbird.

grandpa

That mount looks good. It will be interesting to see how the tire mount holds up with the extra weight. Oh and you might want to safety wire one of those wingnuts.

KIRK!

Amateur Philosopher
That mount looks good. It will be interesting to see how the tire mount holds up with the extra weight. Oh and you might want to safety wire one of those wingnuts.

Actually I'm going to drill one of the bolts for a small padlock.

KIRK!

Amateur Philosopher
Finished up the Hi-Lift mount tonight. Over the weekend I capped the ends, cleaned it up and painted it. Tonight I drilled a hole in the bottom stud for a padlock. Yes, someone could unbolt the whole thing, but if they go to that much trouble they deserve it.

montero-22.jpg

montero-23.jpg

montero-24.jpg

montero-25.jpg

montero-26.jpg

montero-27.jpg

I also installed some Gorilla Fist mounts for a shovel and an axe in preparation for the maiden voyage to Pierce Creek OHV Trail next weekend.

cb_montero-171.jpg

cb_montero-172.jpg

Last edited:

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
It all looks great KIRK, keep up the good work! Your truck looks like mine but much cleaner and less beat up.

That mount looks good. It will be interesting to see how the tire mount holds up with the extra weight.

It'll hold fine i've had a 100+ pound tire and wheel on my tire carrier for 7 years with no issues and i know guys who have had similar setups for longer amounts of time. Extra weight is only a problem on Isuzu's and Jeeps tire carriers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater