Another Hummer Trailer Build

Area52

Adventurer
Looks like I will win a bid on a M1101 tomorrow.

This thread has been the most informative I've found concerning modifications I'm interested in performing.

Thanks for the great report!

Jim

Matt.H

Adventurer
Good old SAE. I will post on SS as well. I should have a website in a week. The second trailer will be done in 10 days in time for the Expo.

Fresno did you create a website for the trailers and caps? They are very impressive.

Thanks,
Matt

Area52

Adventurer
I just picked this up for $419.

The bed doesn't appear scratched, but I'll go over tomorrow and see for sure.

viewFile.html

viewFile.html

viewFile.html

Last edited:

1stDeuce

Explorer
I just bought two from Texas as well. My plan is make brush fire trailers out of them and see if they'll sell... Perhaps not to FD's, but to ranchers and mountain home owners? Dunno. :)

Area52

Adventurer
I picked up another pintle hook at Tractor Supply yesterday and picked my trailer up today.

They only sell one size pintle hook.

They also had the seven pin connector which I'll splice into the trailer cable when I convert it to 12 volt

You may want to bring some extra chain, as the chains on the trailer were too short to connect to my hitch.

I also brought some Harbor Freight magnetic lights

viewFile.html

viewFile.html

Last edited:

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Pretty close to level. You could reduce some weight with aluminum rims and tall but thinner tires.
The bead locks, 37" tires and run flat inserts are heavy.

Area52

Adventurer
Pretty close to level. You could reduce some weight with aluminum rims and tall but thinner tires.
The bead locks, 37" tires and run flat inserts are heavy.

Yep, that's what I was thinking.

Mine was the most level of the vehicles picking up today.

My other pintle hook for the 416 sits about 5" lower.

Autobon7

Just curious......what is the distance from the ground to center of your receiver? Bidding on one myself and want to know ahead of time if I will be close to level with my FZJ80. How far did you have to go to bring it home and how did it tow?

Autobon7

The trailer I am bidding on has a condition on the item manifest listed as H which says H = Material which has been determined to be unserviceable and does not meet repair criteria. X = Property has some value in excess of its basic material content, but repair or rehabilitation and/or uneconomical. Not close enough to go have a look, asked a question via email and the response was basically like talking to a wall (no help what so ever). Just curious if anyone has some advice. I am not the high bidder now so I am safe but want to know what the heck this means.

mwmules

The trailer I am bidding on has a condition on the item manifest listed as H which says H = Material which has been determined to be unserviceable and does not meet repair criteria. X = Property has some value in excess of its basic material content, but repair or rehabilitation and/or uneconomical. Not close enough to go have a look, asked a question via email and the response was basically like talking to a wall (no help what so ever). Just curious if anyone has some advice. I am not the high bidder now so I am safe but want to know what the heck this means.

With these trailers and some other items they are coded H because the military considers them obsolete. All 3 I have picked up were H, one was 3 years old and had never had bumper numbers painted and was factory new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicotoup