Another montero wheel question.

So I just bought a 2.5 gen this week and I'm looking for a very basic steel wheel to put some 33/10.5's on. I've looked through a bunch of threads but haven't been able to find all the exact measurements. I found these and I think they will work, but maybe one of you who is smarter than I, can tell me for sure before I waste my money. If anyone has another suggestion for some basic steelies if these won't work, let me know.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wvi-12-5606358/overview/

dieseltechJay

Observer
Yeah, those should work. Even the center bore is good. However, I think you'd be able to find a set of stock steelies or aluminum for cheap enough.

JamesW

Adventurer
You should be able to fit those tyres onto the standard alloy wheels, which are a 7" width, the ones you're looking at are a 6" width, which will still work, but your tyre might wear quicker

The wheel says it is not hub centric, but it will fit on the hub, only other problem I see is that you need a press 1980 truck to pull them off properly 😁

jlocster

Explorer
These wheels are stock Montero steelies in 15x6.
8Ipqg85OtgM-rz6uoGRQbu2BXEJL1hBGudDsEfY0N0M=w944-h708-no

They came on Gen 2 Monteros and Montero Sports and are very prevalent in the LA junkyards.

You can mount 33 x 10.5 tires on them as can be seen in this thread ---> link

Ideally you want wheels that have a 108 mm (~4.25 in.) bore diameter and are hub centric.

This thread has interesting steel wheel info ---> link

Last edited:

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Since you only want to run 33x10.5's i would just run stock wheels, if you want steelies they are cheap and easy to get from other Monteros.

KyleT

Explorer
I used 16" Toyota Tacoma steel wheels. Took about 5 mins with a grinder on each of them. There was a scored line on the ones I had that I used as reference. You may luck out and find some t100 rims, iirc those have the 108.1mm bore already. Only drawback is they are a little bit offset inside more than the 15x8's are. And centercaps won't fit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 80

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
The vintique wheels you posted the link to are too narrow, too heavy, and were not designed to be ran with disc brakes that require adequate airflow to function properly.

Thanks for the input guys. I ended up just getting the stock steelies. Found an eBay "make a bid" and got a set of 4 heading my way for $130 shipped. Prob a little more than going to the junkyard, but worth it since I'm gonna be out of the country for a bit and they'll be waiting there when I get home, and I don't have to spend a day at the junkyard when I get back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven