Any GM Suburban vehicles here!!?????

xpndbl3

Adventurer
it won't fit under the truck, it would need at least a 2" body lift to get that packaged under there. We have one of the 8.1L/4L80E suburbans and its more than enough for towing.

BPMOU

Observer
I second this, my 2002 Suburban has the 8.1 and we picked up a large load of a hay a couple of weeks back when the farm truck (f-350 with a service bed) wouldn't start. More than pleased with my 8.1L. While I do like the Duramax, the cost to benefit ratio wouldn't be materialized for my purposes.

LIVEanimals

Observer
I have a 90 with lots of plans
b8ee1bf62879656c31f4_1.jpg

Singbush

Observer
Proud owner of a 2002 1500. I'm running 295's with a small lift. This is absolutely my favorite truck. Lots of 'burbs in this forum, although not as many newer 1500's. You'll love it here so start reading...

625cd91b-a3b2-1cce.jpg

dirtbomb

Here is Another "BURB"

Not bad for $900.00. New engine will be installed next week!

Attachments

• 1988 V20 Suburban.jpg
    1988 V20 Suburban.jpg
    920.1 KB · Views: 14

TKSC01

Adventurer
Suburban Guy Now!

Hey yall. All my life I have been a BRonco guy, I have literally had a dozen of them, but....my second daughter was born and the Bronco just isnt big enough now so.....SUBURBAN GUY NOW! I just bought my first Suburban. It is a 97 1500, it has a bad trans but I got it form $900. I hope you like the pic, it will to my M101A2 once it is finished, and the 'burb will have a 6" lift with a SAS running H1 rims and build for EXPO! New Burb.jpg

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Hey yall. All my life I have been a BRonco guy, I have literally had a dozen of them, but....my second daughter was born and the Bronco just isnt big enough now so.....SUBURBAN GUY NOW! I just bought my first Suburban. It is a 97 1500, it has a bad trans but I got it form $900. I hope you like the pic, it will to my M101A2 once it is finished, and the 'burb will have a 6" lift with a SAS running H1 rims and build for EXPO! View attachment 80811

Definitely want to see that build! :)

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Revco

Adventurer
I just got my '93 K2500 a few weeks ago and am loving it. The 454 has plenty of pulling power, but I'm still not used to it since I had a 450hp Dodge Cummins Dually before. So far it's just been maintenenance stuff an daily driving, but I'm currently building a roof rack and will build some new bumpers next. Hoping to take it out on a trip this summer maybe out in West Texas or something.

JB-weld

Plus one more for the Sub Club. Here's my '90 V2500 next to it's drivetrain donor.

Suburban010.jpg

The swap should start this summer. The Dodge is already chopped up, and I'm starting on rebuilding the axles and trans before they go in the Suburban.

028.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL