Any home brewers or backyard distillers around?

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
I too brewed beer heavily for several years. I got started with an extract kit out of the back of Popular Mechanics and eventually graduated to all grain and building a 1/2 barrel system. The book that guided me down the path was The Complete Joy of Homebrewing by Charlie Pappazian. The book has been re-printed many times and is in its 3rd revision I think. I was also inspired by Buffalo Bills Brewery in Hayward, CA where their whole brew system was made from recycled dairy equipment. They were considered pioneers at the time because they were one of the very early brewpubs having opened for business in 1983.

As far as distilling is concerned, well, that's illegal and I'd stay away from that thought. The ATF has got more guns than I care to think about. Nuf said

Frank

Explorer
Yep, it started with a stainless pot and spoon from walmart, and turned into all of the bells and whistles like any other hobby I seem to get myself into.

John Palmer has a great book (How to Brew) that I recommend every home brewer own. I've referenced that many many many times and Ive brewed hundreds of gallons of beer.

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
Homerbrewer here.

I got a kit that included everything I needed to brew, sans incredients. Plus, it came with The Joy of Homebrewing, which is a good book for any brewer to own. Another good one is The Homebrewer's Recipe Guide.

Under the "Getting Started" button at http://www.letsbrew.net/ is a list of their kits. Not sure if they ship. I'm fortunate enough to live in a beer Mecca (Portland, OR).

- Andy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater