Any opinions on "NestEgg" teardrop trailers?

ronner

Thanks for the update GS45.
Any idea on the final dry weight?
How much water is it going to hold? Does it have hot water (I assume No). It looks like the exo skeleton is Steel? or is it AL?
You say Moab rims (Jeep JK?) with what size tires?
Did you change the kitchen at all (Fridge freezer versus ice box?
Thanks for the pics.
I have tried a couple times calling them, but get the VM because they are probably working hard on your trailer.
Maybe I'll see you in DV as that is a favorite of my family as well.
Of course a complete review on your first trip in it.
When do you take delivery?
Best,
Ron

GregShooter45

Thanks for the update GS45.
Any idea on the final dry weight?
How much water is it going to hold? Does it have hot water (I assume No). It looks like the exo skeleton is Steel? or is it AL?
You say Moab rims (Jeep JK?) with what size tires?
Did you change the kitchen at all (Fridge freezer versus ice box?
Thanks for the pics.
I have tried a couple times calling them, but get the VM because they are probably working hard on your trailer.
Maybe I'll see you in DV as that is a favorite of my family as well.
Of course a complete review on your first trip in it.
When do you take delivery?
Best,
Ron
Should come in under 3,000 LBS. 100 gallons of water. XO Skeleton is Aluminum.
Those are bone stock Moab rims and tires for a 2014 Ruby Unlimited, the same as the tow vehicle uses.
The kitchen is a freezer and refrigerator, with teak and walnut accents. Has a two burner stove run by propane. The propane is also for the shower and hot water faucet. Two 20 gal spun fiberglass tanks.
Also has central heating and air. Power plant is solar panels covering complete roof. Plus a Anderson wind solar generator and a gas generator.
AM/FM CD/DVD with a flat screen.
ETA? who knows, was started March of 2014. These are the latest pictures.
Several magazines are very interested in it.
Greg

Last edited:

ripperj

Explorer
That looks really cool, does the water go in the front box? Looks like tongue weight could be an issue?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2

GregShooter45

That looks really cool, does the water go in the front box? Looks like tongue weight could be an issue?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2

You can see the black boxes under the front, those are the water boxes. What you can't see in the rear is a big hitch that holds a rack with two 1975 Vespa Rally 200's. That will more than off set the water weight. The tanks can remain empty until filled up near the destination if needed.

GregShooter45

Holy tongue weight batman. Nice trailer but that is an extremely long tongue.

Yes it is a long tongue. In front of the grey box goes two fiberglass propane tanks. The rear of the grey box hold the batteries, generator and A/C unit. The side door on the curb side opens up with pullout drawers for all the Tacticool stuff :)

ronner

Good info thanks GS45. So 2x20Gal water tanks. So where do you get 100 Gal of water? Also, any pics of how the stove is placed in the kitchen area?
Thanks,
Ron

GregShooter45

5-20 gallon tanks. Two were left on the flooring waiting to be installed when I took the pictures. The two burner is not installed yet. The kitchen is the last part to be installed.

rocrunr

Adventurer
Cool purpose built trailer! I like the build quality. One question thou. If your going to haul a trailer that weighs 3000lbs and 20 ft long doesn't it go against the whole idea of a tear drop?.

GregShooter45

Cool purpose built trailer! I like the build quality. One question thou. If your going to haul a trailer that weighs 3000lbs and 20 ft long doesn't it go against the whole idea of a tear drop?.

Yes and no. While a tear drop is great, it's the bare minimum. This way we have the best of both worlds, and not a big trailer being towed behind a Jeep.

stomperxj

Explorer
One other issue I see is breakover angle. I'm sure you're not planning on rock crawling with it but that is something to think about...

ronner

I am trying to get some perspective on the level of exploring you plan with this.
LOL. The trailer is not for rock crawling. The Jeep is not lifted. More for exploring than crawling.
You mentioned you love to do DV. With this trailer, would you do the narrow shelf road with tight turns of Lippencott? Also, what about Echo Canyon either east to west or reverse (the falls in the upper canyon require a tight turn on 4-6' falls)?
I, too love exploring, but washouts rockfalls do occur in the desert and mountains, so breakover angle and tracking can be very important on the usually non-difficult roads.
I am also wondering why the exo skeleton? In what scenarios that you would encounter do you think that will be used?

Kitchen pics? ;) I am really anxious to see the kitchen.
You lucky guy. I want a trailer too! ;)
Ron

GregShooter45

I am trying to get some perspective on the level of exploring you plan with this.

You mentioned you love to do DV. With this trailer, would you do the narrow shelf road with tight turns of Lippencott? Also, what about Echo Canyon either east to west or reverse (the falls in the upper canyon require a tight turn on 4-6' falls)?
I, too love exploring, but washouts rockfalls do occur in the desert and mountains, so breakover angle and tracking can be very important on the usually non-difficult roads.
I am also wondering why the exo skeleton? In what scenarios that you would encounter do you think that will be used?

Kitchen pics? ;) I am really anxious to see the kitchen.
You lucky guy. I want a trailer too! ;)
Ron

My wife is the desert rat (AKA RatGirl) I'm the water puppy. We will do the State Beaches (Pismo is at the top of the list), plus lakes and rivers. In the beginning it will be used for a base camp. This trailer is a one off. We will have to see what we can do with it and what it's capable and not capable of. As a result, the XO skeleton is a must. I don't want any damage! Plus it looks damn cool, especially with the underside skid plates.

As far as the kitchen, it's going to be the last thing done. We are a ways off from that. It will be awesome though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater