Anyone doing an XJ highline Low COG build?

Explorer 1

Explorer 1
The flares are from a TJ wrangler, but I do not know the brand.

Here is the link to his built.

http://rhebel.forumactif.net/le-garage-f3/projet-madehr-t160.htm

You might have to register to see the link. It is a free forum. Sorry, the laguage is French, but is you have question or comments, a lot of us speeks english.

I don't speak French and am wondering if there are any close-up pictures on the front fenders on the link. I'm currently rebuilding the fender wells to handle 35x12.50 with my current 4.5 inch lift and want to keep as much upward articulation as possible.

The problem is the rubbing on the inside of the wells not the outside fender.

August2009008.jpg

August2009010.jpg

Also, any idea what the offset of the rims are?

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

Oil Town XJ

My jeep doesn't qualify for a low cog rig, but I just finished the install on my iceland offroad flare and you could definitely fit 35"s with 4"s of lift
CIMG0134.jpg

troy

Adventurer
How bad was the cutting? Do you have to remove a lot of material. The only thing I've seen on this is the ZJ install on their website.

Looks good.

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
My jeep doesn't qualify for a low cog rig, but I just finished the install on my iceland offroad flare and you could definitely fit 35"s with 4"s of lift

I concur, yes 35s would fit underneath that. Thats a lot of open space in that front fender.

wjeeper

maybe fiberglass is the way to go for some of us ...

DSC00987.jpg

Ha ha how awesome is it to see this pic online that is my buddy Chadwicks DD/ Jeepspeed build up! (hence the front diff truss)

He is running 4-4.5 inches of lift, 33x10.50's and my old rims :sombrero:

If memory serves me those flares are Hennaman (spelling?) flat tops. They made tons of room up front!

radar95zj

Ha ha how awesome is it to see this pic online that is my buddy Chadwicks DD/ Jeepspeed build up! (hence the front diff truss)

He is running 4-4.5 inches of lift, 33x10.50's and my old rims :sombrero:

If memory serves me those flares are Hennaman (spelling?) flat tops. They made tons of room up front!

Real quick i dont want to hi jack this thread but is there a build thread on that thing?

406to417

Explorer
I dont really have anything to add other then i LOVE the highline set up on my Wrangler.I recommend this type of setup to everyone.

Cool!

So do the instructions show or advise how to cut & refill the fender? I suppose looking perfect isn't a priority since it gets covered by the flare.

Any idea how many inches past the spot welds you cut?

Also, how do they mount? I see holes in the fender above the cut, do they bolt through and tighten from behind the inner quarter panel?

Thanks for the pics! :victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3