Anyone drive the new Wrangler yet?

jingram

Adventurer
I was reading a while back on the JK forum I think, that the JK's don't really care what gears you have for the speedo as they get the signal directly from the ABS sensor which is not affected by the gearing to determine the speed, instead just getting it direct from the actual wheel(s). One of the other programing company's rep said that they only put it in the programmer to make people happy! LOL

I have about 1000 miles on my 2012 Rubicon Ultd with the manual and I love it! It's quick for a stock Jeep now, and drive effortlessly.

View attachment 69314

Now THAT is a thing of beauty!!! I love it and nice that you were able to get that color before it was discontinued!

udoxx

Observer
Sorry for the late reply long work hours! The 4.10 gears question was answered I see, so yes it was a $50 option. I chose the auto so I would not need to regear for 35s!

IMG_0090.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-3uv1Gm0Fi70/TlrinbndjbI/AAAAAAAAAiQ/abCzE7VYuXM/s288/IMG_0091.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-SmZxVG0eV4M/TlrinkCsSAI/AAAAAAAAAiY/74_04W4p5Fo/s288/IMG_0092.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-sdUB0FlymOg/TlrioktmYHI/AAAAAAAAAic/tKYQKDdheeY/s288/IMG_0093.JPG

comac90

Observer
:sombrero: Don't know this for gospel, but

I hear that you won't be able to correct the speedo and you can't change the diff. gear ratios, because of wheel speed/ring/pinion speed is part of the ECU programing--

Checkit out !!

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

UPDATE..... I just got this in an email from AEV:

AEV's ProCal Module will allow gears to be changed in 2012 JKs

Warning: Changing gears on a 2012 JK will cause it to go into limp mode.

2012 JK Wranglers now include the A580 transmission. With this new trans comes a new trans controller, and unfortunately this controller is programmed to put the vehicle into limp mode if it senses a change in gear ratio. Even a Jeep dealer cannot override this.

AEV has a fix for this and we are currently working on integrating it into our ProCal Module. In the meantime, we recommend that you hold off on changing the gears in any 2012s.

We expect ProCals with the updated code to be available by the end of September. Stay tuned, we'll send another newsletter as soon as the updated ProCals are available.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Thanx again comac--

UPDATE..... I just got this in an email from AEV:

AEV's ProCal Module will allow gears to be changed in 2012 JKs

Warning: Changing gears on a 2012 JK will cause it to go into limp mode.

2012 JK Wranglers now include the A580 transmission. With this new trans comes a new trans controller, and unfortunately this controller is programmed to put the vehicle into limp mode if it senses a change in gear ratio. Even a Jeep dealer cannot override this.

AEV has a fix for this and we are currently working on integrating it into our ProCal Module. In the meantime, we recommend that you hold off on changing the gears in any 2012s.

We expect ProCals with the updated code to be available by the end of September. Stay tuned, we'll send another newsletter as soon as the updated ProCals are available.

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven