ARB air compressor under the hood of an xj?

idaxj97

Adventurer
Ok im looking at getting a ARB HD air compressor and putting it under the hood of my 97 XJ, where would i put it? the engine comparment is cram packed with 4.0L any ideas on where to put it. i cant put it on the driver side because i will be putting a snorkel on. im lost please help me with my delima. thanks for any input.

IH8RDS

Explorer
I put mine in front of the brake booster. I also have a snorkel, but mine is a Safari. I am assuming you got the other one that enters just in front of the booster?

idaxj97

Adventurer
i havnt got the snorkel YET I was looking at the AIRFLOW snorkel ($300) roughly. but if i do spend the extra $ and get the SAFARI snorkel then thats a good place for it. thanks.

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
I put mine in front of the brake booster. I also have a snorkel, but mine is a Safari. I am assuming you got the other one that enters just in front of the booster?

x2. If you don't have ABS there is a cute little hole there to stick the compressor.

John90XJ

Adventurer
Mounted inside on the bracket that supports the spare tire. It's dry, you can hear it when the lockers cycle on and off and it stays much cleaner and cooler.

juicexj24

Observer
Some people have put them under the back seat-way to heat on a long day or on the spare tire foot. That is what I did for several years and switched over to running the Powertank ARB manifold with pneumatic switches, very quite, super easy and nothing to get hot or break down. I'll post up a pic of what I have.

Juice

winkosmosis

Explorer
Is there any way to find out what the rated pressure on those tanks is? You wouldn't want it to bust and kill you

idaxj97

Adventurer
I thought about putting it in the spair tire location but we have 4 dogs that we put in the back of the xjso that wont work.

Older post, but they say a pictures worth a thousand words.
Jeep016.jpg

Jeep015.jpg

No snorkle yet but a Safari is in the plans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk