ARB Skydome SWAG

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Anyone have any experience with SWAGs and know more about the ARB Skydome?

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact...yxCCZHmsmomAI87x9u o39G9EY-3zbaMooN15X19YQ==

206.jpg

Bennyhana

Adventurer
I drooled over one of these at the NW overland rally. I was able to unpack it and have it set up in under 3 minutes with no instructions. Seemed very well built and durable although the price the ARB rep at the rally had was a little different:Wow1: than the MSRP from ARB's email(couple hundred different). My only concern is that it packs up huge and if you don't throw it up on the roof it'll eat up alot of cargo room.

Jakeleverett

Adventurer
Yeah, that was an odd video, maybe us SD residents aren't used to the Aussie videography... It was just awkward haha
As far as the tent goes it looks like an awesome idea, it just needs to be much larger like a hunting tent yet compact smaller when in storage.
I am used to backpacking tents which are much lighter weight and pack into the size of your pocket(not including poles of course) that are more waterproof and better designed.
I think the full brimmed hat storage and the style of it is cool but it definitely needs to offer more for the amount of money that thing goes for.
It would be better off with a rain fly that covers the entire tent and above the large flat wall rather than that little "awning".
Also that little overhang or awning for shoes will do nothing to keep them out of the elements.
I have seen some rain here in the city that would have shoes under there soaked in 5 minutes at the most, let alone some of the weather that I have seen in the Sierras, the Rockies or the deserts around the US and Central America!
I am sure Oz has more serious weather than we do in the US?
There are far better tents out there, please do some research before jumping on the ARB bandwagon!
No offense to anyone that has one of course I just want people to get more bang for their buck!
I apologize for the rant btw

grimbo

Explorer
It's a swag not a tent so it doesn't need extra flys or to be bigger etc. you need to research it a bit more before dismissing it the idea is as a tent. they are self contained canvas sleeping quarters. Granted this one is getting very close to being a tent but a traditional swag is basically a large piece of canvas that is wrapped around a mattress and yourself. They keep you dry and warm and ate easy to use etc.

This one is a tad over the top but very comfortable and effective just very bulky rolled up

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
It's a swag not a tent so it doesn't need extra flys or to be bigger etc. you need to research it a bit more before dismissing it the idea is as a tent. they are self contained canvas sleeping quarters. Granted this one is getting very close to being a tent but a traditional swag is basically a large piece of canvas that is wrapped around a mattress and yourself. They keep you dry and warm and ate easy to use etc.

This one is a tad over the top but very comfortable and effective just very bulky rolled up

x2

Having seen these in person, they are quite large when stowed. LARGE...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven