Artistic Shots- Well thought out, framed (positioned), artistic shots only please.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
deathvalley.jpg

Photog

Explorer
Trevor,
Those are some sweet photos. Great drama. Very nice work.

Did you use a split filter of some type, with the first image?

A few recent shots I haven't posted.

Early morn, after a stormy night. The sun poke through the clouds, side lighting this pine with wonderful warm light while the background remained dark by the passing clouds.

670509096_BquBq-L.jpg

I'm unsure of this shot below, not really over the top pleased with it, but a few people I've shown it to liked it. Taken very early, pre sunrise. Can't exactly recall the exposure length, I want to say 5 seconds or so. The water was perfectly still but the exposure was just long enough to provide a blue glow to the rising steam coming off the water.

665274064_jmQwW-L.jpg

Another sunrise shot, taken on the eastern edge of the northern bruce peninsula. I don't recall the exact details but I'm pretty sure I needed a 3 stop hard grad to bring the sky in line with the foreground.

626253780_tKZNg-L.jpg

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
Trevor,
Did you use a split filter of some type, with the first image?

Thanks Bri.
Good eye, yeah, I believe I used a 1 or 2 stop soft, can't be certain on which however. I do remember having a little trouble with that shot. The sky on the right was quite bright compared to left side but I do recall a 3 stop being too much for the top half of the tree. The split was angled, and the shot was max polarized which knocked down the reflection off the water and rocks and gave the tree some omph.

Vermejo

Adventurer
667250180_JMdG5-L.jpg

667250053_aYFAg-L.jpg

667249989_Yf65Z-L.jpg

I posted these over in my CO Trip thread…but I loved this Mercury. It belonged to a structural engineer in Crested Butte who was more than happy to pull it out for some shots.

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
The downfall of taking a lot of pictures is sometimes a few shots slip through the cracks and get missed. Here are two I just came across in my files. Both taking on the same morning early last winter.

675381975_smg4F-L.jpg

675384015_wXM7X-L.jpg

XJBANKER

Explorer
Here is an old truck in the San Rafael Swell in Utah
IMG_9029.jpg

I cropped it and changed the color on it
Truckedit.jpg

Drmoab needs to put his photo up of this truck. His is awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal