Artistic Shots- Well thought out, framed (positioned), artistic shots only please.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
One from last week's trip to MI's Upper Peninsula

962801027_CkFCk-L.jpg

Wow, what a great capture. Nicely done. :wings:

taco2go

Explorer
Thanks Brad-
I like your lightining captures and it was nice to get some tips on night photography from the great Pat Bonish himself on this recent trip.

taco2go

Explorer
Thanks, isn't that just an amazing shoreline?
BTW Hod and I had the privilege of following your Well Thought Out, Framed (positioned), Truly Artisitic VW for a stretch on the Keweenaw Peninsula. :drool:

LostDelta

Mount Rainier

Rainier1 by Lost Delta Photography, on Flickr

I went up to Paradise on Mount Rainier, last Saturday. I had been wanting to accomplish two things. 1: I wanted to shoot in lower light conditions just as the sun was coming up, so I got on the Mountain nice and early. 2. I am personally not a fan of HDR but I wanted to experiment with it (A "don't knock it until you try it" sort of thing.) so I shot many of my photos bracketed.

This photo came out exactly as I saw it in my head, so I was pretty excited. I kept the craziness of the colors to a minimum and didn't tweak the photo much more than straightening.

Camera Nikon D90
Focal Length 13 mm
Aperture f/16.0
Exposure Bias -2 EV
ISO Speed 200

taco2go

Explorer
:clapsmile
Looks like a tricky exposure even with grad filters, from that particular vantage point.
- that fir in the foreground frames the falls fabulously.

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Thanks Brad-
I like your lightining captures and it was nice to get some tips on night photography from the great Pat Bonish himself on this recent trip.

Jeesh Joash, you really know how to make a guy blush dont cha!:sombrero:

Watching you shoot with that 5D Mark II, I was so jealous I had to go get one. Next year well both be able to shoot on the rocks

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Ryan, I normally only shoot with 4gig cards, but finding that my last two modeling photoshoots with this new camera, I'm burning through those little cards at an alarming rate.

I've dabbled with the video a few times and that too eats up the cards amazingly fast. Looks like I'm in the market for a few of those 16gig cards that write at the 300x rate:drool:

I will say that this camera is amazing and the first camera that the LCD screen shows you a true representation of what you're shooting. So many times I show the model the image I just shot and have to say something like "Remember, this isnt what it's going to look like when I'm finished"

Last two shoots, me and the model were both saying "WOW!! :Wow1:" just while looking at the LCD screen on the camera. Check out the stuff I just posted to Facebook to see what I'm talking about! :wings:

wgwood

Here's a couple of recent pics from my camera phone:

Alturas%20Lake.jpg

Alturas Lake in the Sawtooth area.

Stanley%20Inlet%20Campground.JPG

This one actually won me a prize: Clicky Stanley Lake in the Sawtooth area.

Campsite%20Dick%2069.jpg

Kodachrome Basin SP in UT. This one gives me chuckles.

Regards,
Greg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater