"Battery Packs" are storage devices. "Battery Packs" aren't "Solar Generators". Refrigerators aren't "Food Generators".

vtsoundman

OverAnalyzer
Oh Great Generator Guru, I was looking at a 61 Galaxie that has a generator that I would like to use for overlanding. Would I need to add a snorkel and/or roof rack to it to call it overlanding?
No! You need a winch, max tracks, rotopax, RTT, and stickers!!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

OllieChristopher

Here is my battery pack. It holds a full charge for over a year. I can power up and charge iPads, phones, and also jump start a full size vehicle. Pretty slick device. It's marketed as a jump pack but does much more. It blows my mind how well it works. This one has a small LiFePO4 battery. I use it as my all in one battery bank and power station when camping off my motorcycle.

045B26D6-BDDA-4579-836C-67FD7B933EDD.jpeg55E1D6DD-9059-480C-9773-8A48948F7472.jpeg

Reactions: plh

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
How true and how gullible people are. I had a solar panel salesman tell me that solar panels power the house at night. The panels store the power for use at night. I told him he was lying . He changed his story to the panels send the power to the "grid" for storage then that power is sent to the house at night. I told him he was lying again.

People have been told that solar power is magic.

1000arms

Here is my battery pack. It holds a full charge for over a year. I can power up and charge iPads, phones, and also jump start a full size vehicle. Pretty slick device. It's marketed as a jump pack but does much more. It blows my mind how well it works. This one has a small LiFePO4 battery. I use it as my all in one battery bank and power station when camping off my motorcycle.

View attachment 634784View attachment 634785
Battery packs can be quite useful. :)

1000arms

... People have been told that solar power is magic.
Solar power is magic! I just clean the snow from a window on my truck cab and a window on my truck cap, and, if the sun is shining strongly enough, without much of a wind, when it is well above -40, for long enough, the snow usually melts/slides of the cap and the truck cab! Magic! :cool:

But, as you know, most people using the "Solar is Magic" mantra, aren't referring to my method of clearing snow from my truck, but are, instead, often trying to sell a crappy and/or very overpriced product. :-(

1000arms

View attachment 634784View attachment 634785
Battery packs can be quite useful. :)
All joking aside, mine has been very useful. I amazes me how much power comes in a small package.
Connect a Ready Welder to 2 or 3 12V batteries and have some fun.

"AMPERAGE RANGE: The Ready Welder welds very thin metals using a 12 and a 6 volt battery, (18 volts) or very thick metals with 36 volts DC, (three 12 volt batteries) yielding from 45amps, up to 350 amps of power."

The quote above comes from the link:

OverlandNA

The O.G.G.G. doesn't seem to be around, so, I'll offer some advice.

If you keep the Galaxie from going airborne, you won't have to worry about any form of landing. :cool:

Best of luck and stay safe!
But the salesman said as long as that there generator is working proper like, when I git that Galaxie to 88mph it will automatical go airborne n charge the surroundin power lines but it wood be up to me to stick the landing.

Madoxen

Thank you!

I appreciate your addition.

I'm going to have to milk it, and the following quote, for all they are worth.

Please don't have a cow over my "udderly" ridiculous sense of humor, I am truly outstanding in my field! :cool:

Is this how MAD COW started all because of the milk generator.

OllieChristopher

It's good that ExPo can help create a safe space here for old men to yell at clouds.

I hear you there!! I have noticed over the years that this forum is full of members who get downright angry and combative when someone will not conform to their "standards of terminology". After close to 15 years of lurking here and getting fantastic ideas, I decided to become a member so I can give back as well a learn more.

Over 30 posts on a thread to make in fun of something just for the fact they don't like the name of it. Last time I checked when you google solar generator you get a bunch of solar generators and few battery packs. When you google battery pack you get a bunch of battery packs and a few solar generators.

When you search battery pack on Amazon you get a battery pack. When you search solar generator on Amazon you get solar generators. Who cares what you call it as long as you know what it is.

I find it odd that that there are pages of debates, anger, making fun of, and opinions on something so trivial......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77