Bella the FJ62 Build Thread

KC Cruiser

Adventurer
Beautiful truck! I have always loved the 60 series. If I was single this is the truck I would build up. With a wife and 2 girls the 80 is just right, the 40 is just for fun and it is just that. Congrats on finding such a clean rig.:cool:

sr5sushi

Helicopter Pilot
Beautiful truck! I have always loved the 60 series. If I was single this is the truck I would build up. With a wife and 2 girls the 80 is just right, the 40 is just for fun and it is just that. Congrats on finding such a clean rig.:cool:

Thank so much! I'm not married with kids. But I am lucky that the girlfriend loves it almost as much as i do! :)

wjb4000

Adventurer
Very nice looking rig! Wish I could get in the teens for gas mileage...I know there's something wrong with the way my 3FE is running, but I can't imagine getting 16mpgs out of it. Could you take some more pics of how you ran the wiring for the lights from the roof to the engine compartment? I've got a rack, but will hopefully be replacing it sometime in the future. It was on the truck when I bought it, so it's staying for now, but have always loved the fit and finish of the Gobi racks.

SmoothLC

Explorer
The image of it - especially after clay barring it - looks like its spectacular.

What a great find.

If I could find a 6x series like that, I'd jump on it.

sr5sushi

Helicopter Pilot
how much did the shop charge to fix the drivers seat, mine has the same tear. Great looking truck!

The guy locally charged me 110 bucks. Not to bad honestly. I had him repack the seat a little more on both drivers and passengers side seats, now its Much more comfy. :)

sr5sushi

Helicopter Pilot
Very nice looking rig! Wish I could get in the teens for gas mileage...I know there's something wrong with the way my 3FE is running, but I can't imagine getting 16mpgs out of it. Could you take some more pics of how you ran the wiring for the lights from the roof to the engine compartment? I've got a rack, but will hopefully be replacing it sometime in the future. It was on the truck when I bought it, so it's staying for now, but have always loved the fit and finish of the Gobi racks.

Yea i don't mind! I know i have some pictures somewhere but i don't think they are great. Ill go out and snap some for you tomorrow, so check back! It was a little tough running four 16gauge wires down the rain gutter, but i pulled the chrome trim off and siliconed and heat shrinked the wires in place.

sr5sushi

Helicopter Pilot
So I spent about 2 hours trying to buff out my rear hatch today. It was pretty oxidized... but i got it!(Don't mind the rust bubble....:Wow1:

Another project I tackled, was getting in my New Optima blue top battery and http://stainlesstrays.com/ Battery tray. These guys make absolutely great quality trays. Mine was not rotted out but, its a good little bling to the engine compartment... Another things i needed to install was a Bluesea Aux fuse box and 100amp fuse. I looked around at what others have done on their rigs and found this great thread from a tacoma owner. LINK: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/69853-blue-sea-aux-fuse-block-install.html

Last edited:

sr5sushi

Helicopter Pilot
Recently my girlfriend and I have been taking the free weekends we have and getting out of the city to go adventure around parts of NY and NJ. Just wanted to post couple pictures...:ylsmoke:

We ended up getting stuck in the sand in an "out of bounds" area on the Jersey Shore...hah threw it in 4wheel drive and luckily she popped out of the holes we dug in 2wd...

We though hitting all the carnivals would be hilarious. So we went up to Coney Island and ****s and giggles...

The weekend before this we got a few inches of snow upstate at the Guggenheim Estate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk