Best piece of kit for your rig........a Beagle!!!!!

wesel123

Explorer
He's about 4 to 5 and so far he hasn't peed or pooed in the house and he seems to wake me up in the night if he needs to go out. He seems leash trained, he knows to heal but I haven't been pushing him. He barks when people come by our door and I've asked the neighbors if he nuisance barks during the day, and they said all he does is howl with my other 2 dogs when they hear the sirens.

wesel123

Explorer
LOL.... Brian I'm tryin' brother....just don't like being insulted that's all. I was a certified vet tech for 7 years....and I've had 4 other beagles in my life.....just sticks in my craw....sorry I'm calm now

wesel123

Explorer
And yes we head down to Carlsbad alot. My parents live there. We may be able to bring him down, I know my parents will be in the LA area on Saturday and they would be more then willing to bring him down.

Funny they already have 2 Beagle's or they'd keep him!!!!

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
He's about 4 to 5 and so far he hasn't peed or pooed in the house and he seems to wake me up in the night if he needs to go out. He seems leash trained, he knows to heal but I haven't been pushing him. He barks when people come by our door and I've asked the neighbors if he nuisance barks during the day, and they said all he does is howl with my other 2 dogs when they hear the sirens.

Thanks for the details. My wife and I are considering a dog right now, actually. We bought a house last year on an acre of land. We have about a 1/2 acre of land fenced with 6 ft fencing and have about a 10 x 60ft patio off the rear side of the house that has full shade during the day.

Our situation would have the dog inside in the evenings and probably outside during the day with a crate/doghouse for shelter.

We have three girls (7,5,3) that are very gentle with pets (we have a fish and a guinea pig, too).

I think our only "thing"/hang-up/hesitation is wondering if we would be around enough, because we're a pretty busy family, you know? I leave for work around 4:30, and some nights we're not back with the kids until 6-8pm. Not a steady-steady, thing, but my wife teaches and my kids have their school things to do. Weekends are pretty chill.

So I'm definitely "cautiously" interested, if that makes sense. :D

-B

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
LOL.... Brian I'm tryin' brother....just don't like being insulted that's all. I was a certified vet tech for 7 years....and I've had 4 other beagles in my life.....just sticks in my craw....sorry I'm calm now

NO, NO, I was talking to that megatron dude with his knucklehead comments. Not you, dude! :D

That guys coming out of left field! :)

wesel123

Explorer
LOL....I got ya know....

Funny we have that same schedule....leave at 5 come home around 6 or 7. so for the past few weeks he's been living that life....but you have the PERFECT lot for a Beagle.....no pressure bud. Talk it over with the family. But I'm warning you once you hold him your hooked.....just sayin...:sombrero:

billy bee

Adventurer
Good on you for taking him in (and keeping your cool in light of your simple request to keep this thread about finding the dog a good home).

Think about how many people simply kept on driving. I just cannot bring myself to drive past a stray dog. It is usually a safe bet as they tend to run from you. That was not the case with the last dog we saw along the road. She jumped right into the truck--six days later, she had 10 puppies in my garage...

There was a great thread on AdvRider where a group of people put together a chain to get a dog across country for a new owner. It was amazing. I wonder of the ExPo community could pull that off. I would be happy to be part of the chain if there is a potential owner in NorCal, Oregon, or Washington...

bb

Tbars

Adventurer
..Props for saving the pup..:D

..If any help is needed transporting this pup anywhere please include me in on the chain..;)

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Good on you for taking him in (and keeping your cool in light of your simple request to keep this thread about finding the dog a good home).

Think about how many people simply kept on driving. I just cannot bring myself to drive past a stray dog. It is usually a safe bet as they tend to run from you. That was not the case with the last dog we saw along the road. She jumped right into the truck--six days later, she had 10 puppies in my garage...

There was a great thread on AdvRider where a group of people put together a chain to get a dog across country for a new owner. It was amazing. I wonder of the ExPo community could pull that off. I would be happy to be part of the chain if there is a potential owner in NorCal, Oregon, or Washington...

bb

I read that story a few years ago and was so amazed by it.

We have 2 Vizsla mixes and are not very fond of the local Vizsla rescue, so I cannot blame you for avoiding rescues in general. Let's just say that when we picked up our 2nd dog from its owner the local rescue had been calling him saying, "we see that you are no longer able to take care of your pet and would like to give it a good home". Several other people we have called over the years have had similar phone calls from the rescue and they felt insulted. I would keep going but this isn't a debate thread, just sharing my experience.

The Rover Shop

Explorer
We did the same thing on adv rider with a kitten we rescued off a highway in Chattanooga... We affectionately called her cat-anooga.. She was relayed from sth Florida to like Maine..we will be driving our truck cross country in a week or two and would be able to deviate our trip if it links up with a relay somehow..

wesel123

Explorer
This is why I love this forum!!!!

The fiance and I are getting married in Zion in late September and will be heading there next weekend to work on some wedding details. So if anyone is interested out that direction I'm sure this little boy wouldn't mind a car ride (which he REALLY enjoys we are finding out)

ExpoMike

What a cutie!!! Hopefully someone will give this guy a good home.

We actually got our pup, Ellie from ExPo. She is doing great and has us well trained. LOL

Here's Ellie give ya a High 5 for helping this guy out!

high5_001.sized.jpg

wesel123

Explorer
Hey Mike,

Your adoption of Ellie inspired us to find a home for the last beagle that needed a home!!!! Love the high five...

DCH109

Adventurer

bb

Well if we can find a chain I would take him now. Like i said he would be a great addition to my other Beagle and my family. My wife agrees as well.

Just an Edit here.... My Beagle is 9 this year. He is my best bud and is pampered to death (his bed costs us something like $400, just so he is comfortable). I have 2 kids who adore him. He had the run of the house and gets along great with other dogs.
He is walked regularly and we take him just about everywhere we go. I live in a Townhouse with a huge backyard and deck. My Beagle is not fat like others i have seen and looks almost the same as the one on here. SO much so my oldest said, Daddy who is that man holding Harley.
My Wife and I are looking for a new house that is bigger so that works.
If we can get him here Bonus for us. IF we cannot and you get someone local I get that. Some dogs (especially as it sounds like this was might had had it a bit hard) get stressed with travel.

Either way if we can get a chain to West Virginia, Maryland, South Carolina etc, or as damn close as i can get i am there to get him.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3