Best road/gravel commuter tire?

winkosmosis

Explorer
How about the Maxis Holy Roller? I haven't used mine on anything but pavement, but they seem like they'd be good on softer stuff. I got the widest ones that would fit on my bike.. 2.4 I think. It really helps the ride.

t5nlsn.jpg

Last edited:

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I run Ritchey Speed Max tires for commuting when I get into a bike path and urban dirt kick. I dunno if they are available in 26" rims, though. Should be about $20, give or take. In the winter I run Kenda Kross Supremes on the commuting wheels. The CX wheelset is usually Schwalbe CX Pro, but they are about $35 or so and probably a bit too much for commuting.

RedDog

Explorer
How about the Maxis Holy Roller? I haven't used mine on anything but pavement, but they seem like they'd be good on softer stuff. I got the widest ones that would fit on my bike.. 2.4 I think. It really helps the ride.

t5nlsn.jpg

X2 on the Holy Roller. I specified them to be installed on my Santa Cruz before I picked it up new. Mostly paved city park trail commuting use have proven them the perfect choice for me.

suecyde

Observer
Im rockin some Maxxis HookWorms.. I love it... zero rolling resistance.:wings:
cm_tir_hookworm.jpg
They are heavy tires...but for city streets, gravel, and roads.... nothing beats this tire...I run a 2.5 width and love the grip I get... if they only made them in a 29er..man that would be a sweet setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77