Best road signs

Adventurer
Used in France to mark fatal automotive accidents. One for each victim, sure makes you slow down when you see multiples.

Attachments

• France JUN 2002 342s.jpg
    France JUN 2002 342s.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Adventurer
Also from France, used to indicate possible rockfall and ice on road. Someone had modified the sign to add the hill and the screaming passenger.

Attachments

• France JUN 2002 372s.jpg
    France JUN 2002 372s.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
048642 said:
Also from France, used to indicate possible rockfall and ice on road. Someone had modified the sign to add the hill and the screaming passenger.

Not sure if I'm the only one, but I can't see your photos.

SOAZ

Here are some signs from the last month of travel!
Here are some I saw over the last month here in Arizona.
:norton
Lastfewmonths08277.jpg
And yes, we had to go into the radiation area. DOH!

Lastfewmonths08287.jpg

I did happen to in my truck at the moment I saw this one, but it was still good.
Lastfewmonths08091.jpg

Lastfewmonths08092.jpg

Lastfewmonths08094.jpg

Lastfewmonths08183-1.jpg

Lastfewmonths08164.jpg

Here is a sign that the e-start would not likely work and that it would be a cold morning of riding.
Lastfewmonths08185-1.jpg

Not sure if this qualifies. This guy was riding his backwards across the US... and he had a sign on his bike. :evil
Lastfewmonths08065.jpg

Lastfewmonths08064.jpg

SOAZ

I wish I had seen this one sooner. We rode past this one because it was facing the other way... That means we were leaving said area. Yikes!
Lastfewmonths08044.jpg

Do ancient signs count???
Lastfewmonths08028.jpg

Lastfewmonths08026.jpg

Lastfewmonths08024.jpg

SOAZ

048642 said:
Used in France to mark fatal automotive accidents. One for each victim, sure makes you slow down when you see multiples.

I see them now. Yikes. That one is morbid, but I would slow down when I saw those.

98dango

Expedition Leader
teotwaki said:
my favorite In the Inyo Mountains near Death Valley
dvoct070051ta9.jpg

you will find cool sings in the inyo vally

My wifes famly owns a ranch in inyo county near Olancha just south of Cartago directly acros from the 1 truck fire station.

If u ever come across a WOAH sing on a dirty sandy road next to an old shack. You have just drivin on my inlaws land for the last hour. Be glad u dont live ther.

marke

Here is one sign from Ca Hwy 395 and another from a trail in Glacier National Park. Both are scary in there own way! Mark

Attachments

• bearsign.jpg
    bearsign.jpg
    797.1 KB · Views: 307
  • sign.jpg
    sign.jpg
    671.9 KB · Views: 331

RoundOut

Explorer
marke said:
Here is one sign from Ca Hwy 395 and another from a trail in Glacier National Park. Both are scary in there own way! Mark

That second sign give new meaning to the phrase (I think it is a movie quote, but I cannot recall the movie) "She's got huge tracts of land."

:shakin:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
RoundOut said:
That second sign give new meaning to the phrase (I think it is a movie quote, but I cannot recall the movie) "She's got huge tracts of land."

:shakin:

Monty Python "Search for the Holy Grail"

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
Are you sure that Jawbone Canyon Store billboard is on the 395? From my recollection I remember seeing that sign on the 14 before it connects up to the 395.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh