Best RTT for family?

Enigma

Observer
What's it like driving your 80's with those large (heavy) tents like the 2200 up there?
I'm in serious limbo trying to decide what I want for my 80 with the wife and 2 kids (4 and 7 currently).

gotink

Observer
What's it like driving your 80's with those large (heavy) tents like the 2200 up there?
I'm in serious limbo trying to decide what I want for my 80 with the wife and 2 kids (4 and 7 currently).

im in the same boat .....but kids are 9and 8 same vehicle same province what to do what to do

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
It did not affect it nearly as much as one would think. I did put the roll/sway bars back on the axles, but I drove about 40k miles with the 2200 on the roof and did not have a concern. MPGs dropped about 1mpg for highway travel.

Hannibal USA

Adventurer
We also sell a large Family tent if this was to large there is the 1.6M tent also.

image.php

Hannibal 2.0m Family Tent
78.7" x 94.5" (sleeps 2 adults and 2-3 children)
The concept of roof tents was pioneered in South Africa and the country has long been the market leader in design and production of tough, quality roof tents. The ability to test the Hannibal roof tent in the field, over rough terrain and in all-weather African conditions, has enabled Hannibal to produce a roof tent of superior strength and reliability.

The Hannibal 2.0m Family Tent is a great sleeping arrangement for the family that likes to adventure together.

HANNIBAL 2.0M FAMILY TENT SPECS:

Height Width Length Weight
Opened Tent 51.8" 78.7" 94.5" 180 lbs
Packed Tent 11.8" 78.7" 47.25" 180 lbs
FEATURES:
· Fabric: 100% waterproof, “Dynaproofed” 380g polymide cotton ripstop canvas. Strong yet able to breathe.
· Seams: Double stitched; edged with binding. All seams have been waterproofed.
· Stitching: Superior strength UV stable quality S25 thread.
· Roof Tent Frame Poles: Anodized aluminum. All poles are powdercoated.
· Windows: Adjustable roof tent windows open fully for better venting.
· Screens: Insect screens on every opening.
· Hinges: 3mm stainless steel—Long lasting and rustproof.
· Base Boards: 12mm marine ply for best insulation and strength.
· Mattress: 75mm high density foam mattress helps make the Hannibal roof tent almost as comfortable as your own bed.
· Mattress Cover: The mattress cover is zipped and can be removed for washing.
· Spacious Hinging: Allows for bedding to be left inside the tent when travelling.
· Flysheet: Extra raised flysheet for shading and coolness when in the tent. Flysheet is extended past the doors for better rain and wind protection.
· Flysheet: Waterproof 210 denier ripstop Oxford nylon.
· Flysheet Poles: 4mm electro galvanized spring steel.
· Zippers: YKK U-zips on all entrances to ensure that your roof tent can be totally sealed against mosquitoes and flying insects. Zippers have a lifetime guarantee.
· Storage Pockets: Inner tent has a flashlight bag, plus two additional storage compartments.
· Ladder Treads: Wide, flat tread profiles for comfort on bare feet.
· Tent Cover (for packed tent): UV stabilized PVC seams are welded for absolute waterproofing.
· Tie-Down Straps: External tie down straps on tent cover prevent ballooning while driving.
· Internal Collapsing System: An internal tensioning system pulls the walls of the tent towards the center. This prevents bulging during takedown, making the job of packing the tent fast and easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven