Best Suspension Kit for Dodge 3500?

WKCwith5

Adventurer
I am trying to sort out who makes the best lift for a Dodge 3500 Single axel. I am trying to fit Goodyear MT or Toyo Mt tires in the 35 to 37 inch size with the 4080lb load capacity. I have scoped out Superlift, Procomp and others. I am not sure how much lift I need. 35" tires would be my pick due to the amount of road driving we do. I Carry a 400 gallon water system most of the time as well. All sagestions would be helpful. I plan on driving this truck to Alaska in the summer of 2010 as well as to the NC coast and up-fitting it with a Alskan Camper next spring.

Guinness44

Adventurer
A input on the shoks youll most likely gonna need: threw out the Bilsteins, and got Rancho 9000. Cant believe, I could stand the Bilsteins as long as I did. The Ranchos are much better (we do have four miles of rocky road per trip). Blacktop only, thats bilstein country, but not offhighway. 02, 2500, 4by diesel Ram.

milo12

Adventurer
The ones you mention are average quality at best.

There are 3 legitimate choices. Kore, Carli and Lorenz. All three are excellent and greatly improve the ride and handling. I have the Lorenz system and love it. I run 35 inch Toyo Mt's with stock wheels and have no rubbing issues at all.

milo12

Adventurer
I have to disagree about the Rancho 9000's I ran them for a while and didn't like them at all. I also ran Bilsteins and they were OK. Both are better than stock but nowhere near enough shock for a full size truck with a load. The best $1500 I spent was on a set of 2.5 inch King shocks.

98dango

Expedition Leader
KORE

all the loggers here swere by it

the trucks are beaten daily on gravel and wash board. I worked at a dodge dealer and saw lots of diffrent lifts. I really like the KORE lift quality progressive rate coials.

un less u want to spend big bucks. then id go with coial overs

jasonL_031

Adventurer
i would have to agree with kore thats the type of suspension i want to run in the future

but might i suggest getting the power wagon lift?? its 2 inchs higher then stock and i havnt had a problem with mine yet. and ive been all over canada with it and soon the artic circle with it. And with the power wagon lift you can run 35s no problem. just a idea.

WKCwith5

Adventurer
Thanks for the input. I am checking out some these products. As far as carring a heavy load any preferance.

WKCwith5

Adventurer
I am not trying to over lift the truck just fit larger tires that have A high load capacity. Like Goodyear MTRs 35" 4030lb load rating or the Toyo MT with the same load capacity. After looking a leveling kits up front it may work with good quality shocks. still researching.

Gregny

Adventurer
I also agree about KORE !!!!!!!!!! I love the ride it lifted the front about 2.5" and the rear almost an 1". I snowplow in the winter with my 05 Dodge 3500 Diesel and run 35" Toyo MT's on my stock rims and don't have any rubbing issues even with a heavy Boss snowplow on the front. The ride is awesome you'll love their kits...

WKCwith5

Adventurer
The choice is hard, Both Kore and Loreinz are excellent products. It all ways comes down to how much Money to spend a lot or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz

Members online