Best way to get an accurate Sandglow paint?

But like was said, it varies year to year.

Yeah, I like the more tan color (may be years of fading) than the one that leans towards the cheddar yellow school bus.

In which case (at least from my monitor) the Anjou Pear looks more closely to the trucks in the 1995 Mundo Maya Challenge

But I could be wrong.

I have seen this truck in person and talked to the owner, but I do not care for this hue...
14%20camel%20defender.jpg

I've also seen this truck in person... he got the wrong paint code...
img_00572.jpg

This is the color that I'd like to more closely replicate....
205641_10150159270551809_658556808_7023170_6479569_n.jpg

Last edited:

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
sandglow paint code-
lrc 361
dupont 44565
ppg(ditzler)24300
blvc63

that should help you narrow it down !

Google is your friend

galen216

Adventurer
My understanding is that the sandglow color was originally an MG color from the 70's. You may want to start going through MG paint schemes. Someone here at work has a mid-70's MG convertible and it is very close to sandglow.

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
yep that yellow disco is not representative of sandglow, looks more like AA yellow !

blvc63

thats the old leyand paint code

At the end of the day depending on usage and exposure to light -they will all be diferent.

Hell you can't get a perfect match can to can from a paint shop unless it was mixed in one hit.

Go with what you like !

ColoDisco

Explorer
I'll be painting my Montero with a sand glow colored paint before the year is out.

I've got a few paint color indexes that I was browsing last night and may have found a few similar matches. I also uploaded a few photos to an application available on Sherwin Williams website where I could "match" the colors. Interesting way to do it. I'm going to stop by today after work to get the price on some custom matched industrial enamel (like rustoleum) to do the job.

"I just think I'm gonna barf."-Marge Gunderson :sombrero:

Patman

Explorer
Saw this today, and the crappy cell phone pic doesn't do it justice. Very close to the CT's I've seen in person.

2011-05-07131721-1.jpg

edit: may be a little to yellow, I think its a 2009 "mellow Yellow"

Last edited:

Xfyffesspecial

I think the above is a good place to start... I too found this...

Sandglow (beige/gold) Jan 76-77 (MG)

Land Rover part #: STC 1489/A

Land Rover paint code: LRC361

Paint Codes

BMC/BL code: BLVC 63

Ault & Wibourg/Berger/Gipglos: 31030

ICI: 8651 GC 20

PPG/Ditzler (US): 24300

Dupont (US): 44565

Glasso/Rinshead Mason (US): 8844

As a CT 110 owner here in the UK I can testify that there are 2 specific 'Sand Glows' used for Trophy vehicles. the older colour is lighter and more.... err..... sandy. Though as has been mentioned paint fade is a factor.

I think the bottom line is go with what you like.

Another point is that vehicles other than Land Rovers were used in Trophy selections and scouts, Jeeps, Santanas (turkish built Landrovers) and Mitsubishis were used as well as others.

Cheers Dan
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz