Best way to get an accurate Sandglow paint?

Mike_rupp

Adventurer
Honestly, don't you think that you'll regret your decision to paint your Mitsubishi a Land Rover color? It's odd enough to take a regular Discovery and turn it into a Camel Trophy replica, but a Mitsubishi?

I know the whole time I drove that thing, I'd be thinking I was faking something.

Honestly, don't you think that you'll regret your decision to paint your Mitsubishi a Land Rover color? It's odd enough to take a regular Discovery and turn it into a Camel Trophy replica, but a Mitsubishi?

I know the whole time I drove that thing, I'd be thinking I was faking something.

I wont be plastering the truck with "camel trophy" or "land rover" stickers.... The color would be as far as it went...:costumed-smiley-007

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
First, let me say that I'm glad to see you driving a Montero. I've always loved these trucks, and I still miss my '94.

Secondly, if you're really after painting it a color that is more of an earth tone, have you considered choosing an original color to the Montero or something close?

Here's an example of a good looking gen 1. Sorry, I couldn't find a picture quickly of a 2nd gen, but I would think your truck would look really good in this color anyway.

This list is for a few years later, but it ought to be representative.

AFSOC

Explorer
I wont be plastering the truck with "camel trophy" or "land rover" stickers.... The color would be as far as it went...:costumed-smiley-007

Paint it whatever color tickles your fancy. If you are afraid of offending the Rover crowd, refer to it as "industrial earth mover" paint and not Sandglow. I don't think heavy equipment owners or operators will object to your choice of paint hue.

:coffeedrink:

landroverlv

Quick note on the AA Yellow RR Classic shown in the thread. We didn't go for sandglow - due to the lack of available samples. The owner wanted to add some of the Camel Trophy stickers to it for an event, but it wasn't intended as a CT truck. I do, however, have access to a 1997 CT Disco if you want to send a paint scanner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz