BigTaco Build up

BigTaco

Observer
M416

Today I added a little extra cargo room to the "BigTaco"
Bought from Iron Pig Offroad for $855. Good deal if you ask me.

Complete underbody rust treatment
Spray in bedliner
New axle with 6 on 5.5" lug pattern
12v lighting

Plus it's only 2.5 hours away from my house. Can't wait to get back!!!!
:victory:

tn_m416pic2.jpg

tn_m416pic1.jpg

slooowr6

Explorer
Nice trailer!
Would you post a pic of your truck from the side? I'm debating to get 32" or 33" tire.
Thx
Alex

BigTaco

Observer
Well I haven't even laid eyes on it yet so not sure what kind of shape it's in. But from the looks it's already been fixed up for the most part. Probably do a spring over if not already done then eventually get some sort of top to cover cargo. Then later down the road get some nice wheels/tires to match the truck.

Still trying to come up with a name to go with the bigtaco theme for the plate though. :confused:

BigTaco

Observer
OK an update...

I picked the trailer up a couple weeks ago. Tracked very well on the 2+ hour drive back. Has some rust but nothing major. Since it was switched to the Toyota axle it is riding on leafs and no shocks. Is this going to be a problem with a load? Also no brakes so I'll have to pick up some wheel chocks to secure it on slopes.

I am also trying to decide between an ARE CX (cab high) or a MX (raised).
The wife likes the MX but I'm still torn between the two. I like the looks of the CX but I'm wondering how much more function I would get out of the MX. I'm not planing on a sleeping platform for the bed since I have two little ones and the potential for the dog coming on trips as well. I have a nice BIG tent already as seen in my first post. Fits two queen sized air mattresses with room to walk around. It does seem that the extra few inches would be nice when climbing up inside while loading/unloading gear.

Here's what the local shop quoted me for the caps.

MX CapMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.........$1384.00
Vented side Windoors...................$216.00
Yakima roof Racks........................$410.00
Sliding Tilt Down Front Window.......$50.00

TotalMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...............$2060.00
Less Discount............................-.$144.00

Sales TaxMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM........$95.80

Grand TotalMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......$2011.80

The CX Series cap would be $1800.00 plus tax. That
would include all the options above plus the discount.

Which brings me to another question. In interests of trying to keep costs down I was thinking about nixing the racks. I'm not even sure if I would need them very often but I'm one of those, well I may need it so I should get it anyway, kind of guys. My thinking is, go without for now and if needed in the future, I could always add it on later.

OK enough of my ramblings...thoughts anyone?

--
- Justin

Last edited:

adrenaline503

Explorer
I would go with the cab high since it has a flat roof. If you ever want to put a basket up there that will help. With the trailer I doubt you'll need to extra space. You should color match that trailer to your truck and get some matching wheels, that would look sweet. Nice to see another blue long bed crew cab on here, even if it is a Toyota ;).

BigTaco

Observer
Update

My new cap was installed today.

2nd Pic includes two of my favorite features...windoors and my new Expo Sticker.

Last edited:

BigTaco

Observer
Big Taco Tow vehicle update...

Did the axle flip on the trailer today. :Mechanic: Pretty easy work. looks to be about a 6 inch lift and that's still with the small tires mounted. I'm going to need a longer pintle bracket. The one I have now has 8 adjustment holes (3 positions) and I still need another inch or so to level the trailer out...when the trucks empty. Any way here's an after pick...Jayme and Remy approve!

TrailerAxleFlip002.jpg

BigTaco

Observer
Been a while...Not much going on with the truck right now. Just some pictures from a trip to NY visiting family and some light back road exploration.

Base camp...I pulled the trailer all the way to NY but for some reason I never took any pictures of the complete rig. It was parked on the opposite camp site to help shade some coolers.

000196.jpg

This was a reservoir access road. We were about half way there but the rest was gated off for security reasons.

truck3.jpg

Pulled off to water the weeds and read the sign.

0001173.jpg

This is a picture of a nice plot of land that was for sale. Driving down the road I noticed a realtor sign and decided to investigate. The pond was at the back of the lot.

truck9.jpg

TEJASYOTA

Adventurer
From an Ex-Upstater to another NY'er WELCOME to ExPO!
Great looking Taco and thanks for serving!
My mind is going blank on the wheels you have...who is the maker?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven