Birth of My Kimberley Karavan

jrandom

Very helpful, thanks Brad. I wasn't sure if they "Americanized" it or not.

Thanks, definitely if I have any more questions, I appreciate the opportunity of your experience. :)

My target (fingers crossed) is next spring.

Yeah I fired off an email for some more info.

-John

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
John, Hit up Bruce for any configuration and import questions.

Bruce Loxton <bruce.loxton@kimberleygroup.com.au>

I also looked at South African trailers before I went with Kimberley. I found none of them were willing to convert to US 110VAC and they didn't have the import experience that Kimberley does.

With Kimberley the import experience is smooth as silk.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Another vote for dealing with Kimberley & Bruce. The product is the culmination of years of product development and refinement. And since Bruce bought KK a number of years ago they've been on an aggressive R&D path...all good.

You won't regret buying a KK...especially as Brad mentioned above: They are legal to license in the USA.

jrandom

Yeah, I did thanks, I saw his post a few pages back. I saw it and his spec sheet. He definitely has a nice trailer, it is a bit out of my price range, particularly for a used trailer.

The thing is for the classic with the few extra options I want according to the information I found here:
http://www.kimberleygroup.com.au/usa

The total price (calculated from the link above) I am looking at for brand new. Seeing that page with that info is the only reason I am considering this unit, I wouldn't be able to purchase one otherwise. Still waiting to hear back, so I do know exactly how much it costs.

Last edited:

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Well look at you camper shopping John...Hopefully you're not planning on dragging it over the Himalayas like someone else here who shall remain nameless...:ylsmoke:

jrandom

If I had the talent and patience to build my own like some folks, I would go that route :D

Getting too old to spend weeks in the desert/hills sleeping in the back of my truck. Seeing what Brad has done, I am sold. I just have to make a way to afford it :D

Jwestpro

Explorer
If I had the talent and patience to build my own like some folks, I would go that route :D

Getting too old to spend weeks in the desert/hills sleeping in the back of my truck. Seeing what Brad has done, I am sold. I just have to make a way to afford it :D

Well, "afford" has a different meaning for everyone but these can be bought through a basic RV loan .... i.e. $750 monthly payment for $100,000 USD RV loan at 4.25% over 15 yrs. $375/mo for $50k loan, etc. Pay a little extra to knock out the principal and interest much earlier. Insurance is basically attached to the vehicle coverage.

It's dangerously "easy" to do....

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Well look at you camper shopping John...Hopefully you're not planning on dragging it over the Himalayas like someone else here who shall remain nameless...:ylsmoke:

I promise to stay away from the Hymalayas and pick more tame routes to find my bliss in the future. :elkgrin:

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
snip...

The total price (calculated from the link above) I am looking at for brand new. Seeing that page with that info is the only reason I am considering this unit, I wouldn't be able to purchase one otherwise. Still waiting to hear back, so I do know exactly how much it costs.

Agreed. I'm tempted to buy one myself with the current exchange rate, very attractive! However, it's still a chunk of money and I'm really enjoying my slide-in truck camper, not sure I want another trailer. But who knows, I do look at the exchange rate at least once a week. ;)

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Healed and ready to play again

I had the damaged fender replaced last week and the new hub/rotor was installed today. That was the last of the carnage repairs.

Ready for the next adventure now.

IMG_1763.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3