Black LR4 in Moab, anyone off here?

RoyJ

Adventurer
Was that really done in Hi?

If so these things must be geared pretty short transmission wise!

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
You can hear how much he's getting into the throttle and loading up the torque converter just to get it to creep forward.

These things have a really low crawl ratio - the engine would not load up like that if it were in 1st low.

umbertob

Adventurer
Maybe it's a new one, no standard low range anymore since MY14 (unless you order the optional HD pack.) That would be funny, an LR4 armored to the teeth but without low range... :oops:

PhD_Polymath

Observer
I love how the traction control worked in this situation. Looks like very little wheel slip on the rears before the fronts started pulling the LR4 upwards. Is this kind of performance typical with the new Discos? I also love the load of sand pouring out of the rear bumper once the vehicle leveled out again. This just embellishes how much the rear was limping along with that steep approach. Very cool.

A.J.M

Explorer
Rear lights are 09-13 spec. So will have low range.

We recon it was done in high range? If so, imho that make's it even more impressive for the angles and getting up.
Back wheels seem to spin as they are on sand so less grip available plus dragging it's rear into the sand to take home to build a sandcastle.

My LR3 TC likes a steady throttle to get it's best, let it spin a touch to let it figure out what it want's then go forward.

r3run33

Adventurer
that was perfect great line/ perfect use of throttle and up and away. And if that was in 4HI its even better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven