Blueberry Gone Wild FJ Build

BJ'sFJ

BJ's Tundra :)
that's awesome! I've noticed couple bundles of firewood, what do you pack for camping? From pictures: chair, table, coleman grill, tent with pad and sleeping bag, firewood - anything else?

For camping the list is:
- 2 Frontrunner Outfitter Chairs (Super compact and pretty comfy!)
- Table (Amazon - Aluminum Table In A Bag)
- Coleman Grill (Will replace with Tembo Tusk Skottle in the future. Have used them and love it!)
- Marmot Limelite 3P tent (Best tent i've ever owned. Been through at least 5 different coleman tent's prior)
- Sleeping Pad (RTT mattress. Not space friendly but super comfortable)
- Sleeping Bag (Coleman from Amazon)
- Firewood (Try to buy it where I burn it for a few reasons)
- Fire Pit (NEW addition. Galvanized steel bucket from local hardware store. Not huge but works perfect for campfires. You can have 2-3 big logs in there)

Besides that I have the usual gear for runs. This includes recovery gear, tools, water, food, etc. Would like to work on organizing the FJ to allow me to store everything without taking up the back seat.
Looking at Goose-Gear for the Ice Box (allows me to store things on fridge and still slide out and access. This is currently wasted space)

BOPOH

Explorer
thanks, i'll add it to my amazon wish list, my girl been bugging me and i didn't know what i want - now i know :)

BJ'sFJ

Haven't update this in a while... New things for the Ole Blueberry:

Tuffy Security Console - Installed
Custom Fridge Cage - Installed
Superwinch TS9500SR - Coming Soon
Goose Gear Floor Plate & Drawer - Coming Soon
.... I think that is it for now.

BJ'sFJ

OP Updated... A few things added and removed. VERY happy with how my current setup is and can't wait for the goose-gear plate system and drawers.

Some may say the rig is overbuilt but I like to put quality products that serve a purpose. I can safely say that most (key word most) mods have a specific purpose. A few things just look cool haha

rickashay

Explorer
^Very stoked to see the Goose Gear setup. Been drooling over them for a while now! There is no such thing as overbuilt ;)

BJ'sFJ

Goose Gear Floor Plate and Single Drawer - Installed

On Wednesday I made the drive from San Marcos to Westminster to pick up my Goose Gear Floor Plate and Single Drawer. The Floor Plate bolts directly into the OEM tie down points and allows you to bolt in almost any Goose Gear product. The threaded inserts allow for quick and easy installation and removal without going through the metal floor.

Products Installed:
Floor Plate
https://www.goose-gear.com/collecti...py-of-toyota-fj-cruiser-2006-2014-model-years
Single Drawer (22-3/16" W x 10" H x 25" D) *Like the One below, Goose Gear made it 3" Wider for my setup
https://www.goose-gear.com/collecti...ear-module-single-drawer-19-3-16w-x-10h-x-25d

The reason I went with 22-3/16 over the common 19-3/16 is because I wanted it to sit perfect next to my TemboTusk Fridge Slide and Cage. All I had to do is add a couple of T-Nuts to the floor plate and my slide bolted right down. Super easy and the fitment is perfect. My gear is now organized nicely and the storage bins I have will fit great on top of the unit. Take a look at let me know if you have any questions.

32955950886_012a604740_k.jpg

32955956126_831373afc4_k.jpg

BJ'sFJ

^Very stoked to see the Goose Gear setup. Been drooling over them for a while now! There is no such thing as overbuilt ;)

Thanks! They are DEFINITELY worth the money. Super glad they are modular so I can transfer them to any future builds

prerunner221

Adventurer
Been watching the build since you started and it's come along really nice. The wheels really accent the vehicle well. I notice the sticker, what agency?

BJ'sFJ

Been watching the build since you started and it's come along really nice. The wheels really accent the vehicle well. I notice the sticker, what agency?

Thanks! I'm happy with them. Tire looks a bit wider having a 9" wheel in there compared to 7.5".

The sticker is to show support for my friends in Law Enforcement and their colleagues across the nation. We all know its a tough job right now.

rickashay

Explorer
New kicks looks deadly! I don't know what it is about these blue FJ's with black wheels... just goes so well together especially with the white on the roof to accent. Great choice!

BJ'sFJ

New kicks looks deadly! I don't know what it is about these blue FJ's with black wheels... just goes so well together especially with the white on the roof to accent. Great choice!

Thanks! Definitely keeping the roof white :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven