Bluehash's slow build thread - 2013 JKUR

bluehash

Adventurer
I've been an EXP member for exactly a year and am loving every moment of it. This build thread is a little late, but it is nice to document progress. I'll be adding posts in the order I did stuff, so pardon the thread updates. This is an extremely slow build. I'm cautious of adding weight to the vehicle. I love the tires that came with the JK so far and have no need to go bigger.

So here goes:

Got my 2013 JKUR on 24th July, 2013, just before labor day. I fell in love with the Commando Green JK when they first announced it and had been yearning for one. I specked out a JKUR as I knew I would need lockers and the T-case in tough situations. I did think about getting a Sahara and doing the upgrade, but I'm not that adept yet, plus I'd have to do it on the street.

Summer
mVTHmOel.jpg

Winter
RkzM86Il.gif

bxLRDktl.jpg

More updates coming.

Last edited:

Lecoq

Explorer
Looks awesome in that color. You should plasti dip your wheels orange like the M38 Jeep!

bluehash

Adventurer
A few accessories:

Fire extinguisher:

806dgkvl.jpg

Mopar door sills:

pLG6zqvl.jpg

Grabars. Front only. I use it everytime to get into the jeep and my passengers love it.

ruxuY9jl.jpg

bluehash

Adventurer
Added two things:
1. Vector Offroad JK Dock for my cameras and radios. This is the shorter version and runs around the dash tray.
GPw5tBBl.jpg

2. Added brackets for my radios. I have a Baofeng UV-B5 and a Midland 75-822 CB. I also got a few RAM accessories for holding the radios.

RAM Composite Short Double Socket Arm for 1in. Ball Bases RAP-B-201U-A
Ram Mount Base with U-Bolt for 3/4-Inch to 1-Inch Diameter, Black
Ram Mount Long Extension Arm for B Size Ball, Black
Ram Mount Double Socket Arm for 1-Inch Ball, Black

The brackets were purchased from member Kidmen here in the forum. For the Midland radio, I had to spread the "wings" a little bit.
I painted them Olive drab to match the jeep.

AxJbvAGl.jpg

With the radios:
JcnjCmcl.jpg

Xrh3tK1l.jpg

bluehash

Adventurer
how is the fire extinguisher secure to the seat?
Good question. It is not :(
However it is not going anywhere. When the door is closed, it sits firmly in place. No rattles. I only have to make sure to move it when I take the doors off.
I'm thinking of placing a quickfist to secure it.

bluehash

Adventurer
Gobi Rack

My Gobi stealth rack came in after 8 months of waiting and alot of thinking. It was between this and a M416 trailer.....It came during the winter! I had a great friend(Now my wife : January 2015) who helped me put it up in extreme cold! 20F!

gyT7qxBl.jpg

QXkuyNMl.jpg

SYh3QaLl.jpg

YcDB19Fl.jpg

Done!
zhXW8J1l.jpg

Last edited:

bluehash

Adventurer
Soft top maintenance. I have a premium soft top and maintenance is good. I do not have a hard top as I have no place to store it...and the soft top is very versatile.
I do this twice a year. I use 303 Products 30651 High Tech Fabric Guard, which is recommended for this.

I have to make sure that there is no overspray on the vinyl windows, otherwise they get etched. This is the masking before I spray it up.

QSRIPpwl.jpg

BbRE3yAl.jpg

I don't have a pic, but water literally beads up after applying this and top remains nice and black.

bluehash

Adventurer
Shovel Mount:
Made a shovel mount using Yakima Universal Mighty Mounts and quickfists. I got this on one of the truck forums. Easy to take the mounts off when not needed and shovel also comes on/off easily.

LbxBHc2l.jpg

qfAOSo2l.jpg

QvZY20nl.jpg

LTV Chaos

Interesting stuff. How much do you use to treat the top? I'm about to move from the Mojave desert with no rain to Northern Va with slot more rain.

Pete

bluehash

Adventurer
Interesting stuff. How much do you use to treat the top? I'm about to move from the Mojave desert with no rain to Northern Va with slot more rain.

Pete

I bought a 32 oz bottle. Sprayed in a line with little overlap. I have half a bottle left.

Phoenix

Adventurer
Quick comment on the fire extinguisher.

You need to secure that in a place you can access it almost immediately. There are two reasons, 1 by the time you get to the passenger side it may be too late, b in case of a sudden change in direction or speed, the fire extinguisher becomes a missle.

Great rack. I had the same for 3 days and then my garage burst into flames. We never found out what caused the fire.

You need more mud on your Jeep!

bluehash

Adventurer
Quick comment on the fire extinguisher.

You need to secure that in a place you can access it almost immediately. There are two reasons, 1 by the time you get to the passenger side it may be too late, b in case of a sudden change in direction or speed, the fire extinguisher becomes a missle.

You need more mud on your Jeep!

Thanks! point taken. I'm going to get a quickfist for the mount.

Great rack. I had the same for 3 days and then my garage burst into flames. We never found out what caused the fire.
So sorry to hear that. Did you loose the jeep too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay2thaC