Boreas Campers EOS12

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I figured that. We are so buried with snow it just seems wierd to see green. Another 2 feet forecast for Alta tonight. Probably go over 800 inches. Sucks for camping but yet another powder day. Life is tough sometimes

hscoots

I figured that. We are so buried with snow it just seems wierd to see green. Another 2 feet forecast for Alta tonight. Probably go over 800 inches. Sucks for camping but yet another powder day. Life is tough sometimes
i was happy with all the snow we got this year, but now its getting ridiculous. Itching to go camping/fishing, seems like going to be a small season up in uintas and high country.

rehammer81

I'm finally in the game and off the sidelines researching and obsessing about trailers. Picked this up over the weekend. Let the new adventures begin...in comfort.
0e82ee28ecf9e1b170fa4858e1a333f1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

rehammer what a beautiful rig. We've been looking at similar trailers for years, contrats on pulling the trigger. keep us posted on how you like it!

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I'm finally in the game and off the sidelines researching and obsessing about trailers. Picked this up over the weekend. Let the new adventures begin...in comfort.

Nice . Welcome to the game

Congrats Rehammer81!! Sweet set up. I assume you heading back to the desert homeland. Love the dual awinings. Look forward to you switching your OCD tendencys to modifications and fun camp trips! The game is back on for you!

bstock1

Congrats! Haha I definitely can understand the obsessing part. I researched and compared for two years before we finally pulled the trigger on a Boreas XT March. We love it and they are a great company!

rehammer81

Shakedown trip in the books. Used most systems and all was good. We definitely need to decide how we want things organized and I definitely have some modifications in mind. First one for us is that the fixed table has got to go. It's a nice table but it is too big and in the way. We will never make the second bed. Debating on just using a nice light folding table or going to a Lagun style table. Overall very happy so far. Our campsite had a pretty decent side slope to it and the air bag suspension let us level out without any blocks. Once the stabilizer legs were down it was rock solid. Our last night was really windy and I was very pleasantly surprised that there was zero flapping of the soft walls and the trailer barely moved. Looking forward to getting out more.
d5b14e77eeb3d84c8d1cbd05cf9921d7.jpg
76c23f86b87c3a00a35682773c39d26c.jpg
6cdaac7a51e5df105c8927da24f0a934.jpg
dda6eeba7bd559cd5baeb4785708c13d.jpg
495a22b1b85b9dcddcca9dd7c390cc99.jpg
6e30ce9cccc8b0432b8decb4737a51f7.jpg

DFNDER

I’m considering putting a slide on the table so we can slide it over to one side when moving around. We used the extra bed and it worked great, but sometimes you want the table out of the way. Also going to add a bunch of net storage on the walls and. A soft “cabinet” for clothes to sit on the shorter bench. I use the trailer as my office during the day and the big table is quite nice for that. For accessing the under seat storage I hang the backs up on the steel rim at the top. Very handy. I’m going to add some straps with clips so I can hold the seats up for easier access. I think there’s probably a sliding hinge or something clever to make the under seat access better.

We also just went through a day of heavy rain and I figured out a way to keep rain from coming down the gap in the awning and trailer. I did the Velcro at the bottom of the pop top material on that side and folded the awning cover under. Presto, rain controlled. I have a piece of waterproof material with Velcro made just for that purpose at home and will add velcro to make it easier. Definitely need to deal with those gaps or your kitchen gets soaked.

The best thing is the truma heater. I kind of hated the heater in the xt because it was so loud. The truma in the EOS is completely silent. So much so that the owls keep waking us up at night. So much better.

Tue one thing I didn’t realize was that in getting the ac instead of a max air, I lost a fan in the ceiling. The ax doesn’t exhaust, just sends air in, and the bathroom exhaust is too noisy to sleep with. Going to have to figure out something since a quiet exhaust fan is a requirement for moderate temps.

rehammer81

Net or pouch storage along the walls would be useful. I'm strongly considering removing the small bench section to build a small drawer/dresser in the spot. I'm also thinking about removing the driver side bench and building a counter/cabinet there with a small sink for hand/face washing, toothbrushing, etc. You can access water lines to the shower easily. I'm thinking I would just add another small grey tank underneath right there as it might be easier then trying to connect into the shower grey tank. I haven't actually looked at the grey tank connections yet though. If I want to do the countertop then I definitely need to either remove the table all together for a portable table solution or change to a Lagun style table connected on the passenger side so I can swivel the table out of the way.

I'm also going to try the Froli System under the mattress for a little extra comfort.

For the two of us we just don't need that much sitting space in there and more organized storage for gear and clothes would be nice instead of stuff everywhere. We need some more time in it to feel it out more though before I make any major mods.

rehammer81

Another trip in the books for the EOS. Did some scouting and found plenty more really nice campsites for the EOS to crawl back to.

Successfully tested the Truma Combi hot water. Deployed the 270* awning and managed to get it folded back up nicely.

Also, installed a Foli Sleep System under the bed and it made the mattress very comfortable.

9be1176130b896aac892a3bbd3d58987.jpg
f3ac6fe305c94ceb5c47662e3598721f.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven