Boreas Campers EOS12

Boreas Campers

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
2024 models are now coming with 400 watts of solar with an option to go up to 1,000 watts with 540ah of lithium and an option to go up to 1080ah! Starting at $79,990!

Check out our most recent walkthrough video here!

Last edited:

rehammer81

2024 models are now coming with 400 watts of solar with an option to go up to 1,000 watts with 540ah of lithium and an option to go up to 1080ah! Starting at $79,990!

Check out our most recent walkthrough video here!
1000W of solar? How are you getting another 500W on the roof? I only have room for about 200W or maybe 300W up there with the 500W.

1000W with 400Ah and there is little chance you are running out of juice unless you are an insane power hog in the EOS-12 or don't see the sun for several days. After 6 days I was still above 75%.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Boreas Campers

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
1000W of solar? How are you getting another 500W on the roof? I only have room for about 200W or maybe 300W up there with the 500W.

1000W with 400Ah and there is little chance you are running out of juice unless you are an insane power hog in the EOS-12 or don't see the sun for several days. After 6 days I was still above 75%.

The panels we are using are 200 watt panels instead of 100 watt panels, now! Glad your solar/battery set up has been working! Love seeing your photos!

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I will follow up that my experience with Zamp is the 100 watt portable obdesian suite case model. I have two unregulated kits that are custom wired to a Furion plug and Victron controler. I feel like the Go Power portables are not the quality of my custom Zamps.

I have been told the 100 watt Zamp obdesian panels are superior Go Power and others but have no first hand experience. So since Zamp doesn't make a 200 watt panal maybe space forces yall to go to Go Power.

rehammer81

Zamp has the name for sure but I have no objective comparison data to say Zamp is better than Go Power. These solar panels are not new technology by any means so I'm sure it is possible other options are capable of meeting or getting very close to equivalent performance.

I had a Rich Solar suitcase I used on a home built power box. It worked just fine. Will Prowse reviews a lot of solar components very thoroughly and recommends a lot of cheaper foreign components that perform excellent and are much better bang for the buck. I'm all for "Made in the USA" but there is no denying the cost implications of that unfortunately and the performance can't even always claim superior.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Zamp has the name for sure but I have no objective comparison data to say Zamp is better than Go Power. These solar panels are not new technology by any means so I'm sure it is possible other options are capable of meeting or getting very close to equivalent performance.

I had a Rich Solar suitcase I used on a home built power box. It worked just fine. Will Prowse reviews a lot of solar components very thoroughly and recommends a lot of cheaper foreign components that perform excellent and are much better bang for the buck. I'm all for "Made in the USA" but there is no denying the cost implications of that unfortunately and the performance can't even always claim superior.

Well said.

PhatPanda

Zamps are ungodly expensive, but what you get is a glass panel in an extremely slim form factor, assuming this glass is more efficient than flexible panels.

DFNDER

Zamp Obsidian's are certainly prettier than the GoPower, but 1,000 watts is pretty impressive for the roof. I'd be tempted, but then I remember that we try really hard to camp in the shade in most places, so maybe I'll just keep adding portable power since it gives us a lot more flexibility.

DFNDER

Did a couple of minor mods that we really like. Added L-Track to the top frame and hang a couple of Campo brand bags and hooks for more accessible storage, and mounted the table on a boat seat slide, so we can move it over a bit more and allow easier access to the bed, and better table placement for working on the computer. Looks a bit awkward in the picture, but the slide is steel bolted to steel and is solid as a rock. We don't need the double bed there, so the change in height doesn't matter but that could be fixed by removing the plastic donut on the pedestal.

The bags aren't in the way at all when the roof is up, and are easily taken down as they just hang on L-track rings. Bolted the L-track right through the aluminum top frame and the velcro on the outside wraps around the nuts so there is no loss of seal.

Really like having more ways to hang and access clothes and other stuff without having to lift the seats.

BTW, the solar eclipse is going right over our property in VT in April, and we have 10 acres of open field that would make for a great Boreas gathering.IMG_1543.jpegIMG_1544.jpegIMG_1547.jpegIMG_1548.jpeg

Did a couple of minor mods that we really like. Added L-Track to the top frame and hang a couple of Campo brand bags and hooks for more accessible storage, and mounted the table on a boat seat slide, so we can move it over a bit more and allow easier access to the bed, and better table placement for working on the computer. Looks a bit awkward in the picture, but the slide is steel bolted to steel and is solid as a rock. We don't need the double bed there, so the change in height doesn't matter but that could be fixed by removing the plastic donut on the pedestal.

The bags aren't in the way at all when the roof is up, and are easily taken down as they just hang on L-track rings. Bolted the L-track right through the aluminum top frame and the velcro on the outside wraps around the nuts so there is no loss of seal.

Really like having more ways to hang and access clothes and other stuff without having to lift the seats.

BTW, the solar eclipse is going right over our property in VT in April, and we have 10 acres of open field that would make for a great Boreas gathering.Love the L-track idea. Been trying to think of easy storage for jackets, hats etc and ended up doing something similar today. We put up this cargo net, then another one on the bunk side as a way to keep our 5 year old from falling out in the night as well as so she has a place for her books, toys etc. If the adhesive falls off will probably try the L-track.

Love Vermont! We are about as far away as you can be while still in the same country though View attachment IMG_0160.jpegView attachment IMG_0159.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0159.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 16

rehammer81

DFNDER, I love that L-Track idea. I might be stealing that one. We have some hanging clothing storage as well but have just been limited to hanging them from the roof safety hooks. Can you message me with any details to know about that L-Track install?

I'm also with you DFNDER about the portable solar panels. I think I would get more benefit from portable panels chasing the sun then an extra 500W on my roof likely being partially shaded throughout the day. So far we aren't very power hungry. After a 6 day trip our 400Ah and 500W of solar only dropped us down to 70%.

Chasingopenspaces, is your wall cargo net riveted to the wall?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven