Brad's Consolidated King Kamper Trailer Thread

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I have been asked a few times to consolidate the pictures of my King Kamper in one thread so here ya be. This is just a sampling of pictures of either the King Kamper trailer layout or of camp set ups I have done around Arizona and NM. I'll update this thread with new pics as more trips are completed.

First some layout pics:

KKQWIKAwning4.jpg

DSC02714_edited-1.jpg

DSC02711_edited-1.jpg

DSC02424.jpg

Upgraded batteries to two Deka Intimidators and a 20 Amp Charger:

Mar022008004.jpg

Mar022008005.jpg

Mar022008010.jpg

Camp Set ups and Towing:

RichmondBasin07120.jpg

RichmondBasin07077-1.jpg

RichmondBasin07097.jpg

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Oh sure Brad...now you make it easier to see all your good pics ;). James & I are like a couple kids at Christmas waiting for Santa to drop by ;)

What size tires are you running on it? And how miserly is the stove on propane (or not)?

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Ho Ho Ho :sombrero:

I'm just running the 31 x 10.50 x 15s that came on it. They work fine for my needs.

The stove is a super miser. They are designed as a low pressure stove with larger orifices to help keep them from clogging with dust. The result is the burners are not roaring hot like some propane stoves but are very efficient. I may camp and cook for 15 plus nights before I top off the tank. Even then the tank is only half empty. Sometimes I think about getting a separate hot Wok type cooker but haven't yet. I have just gotten used to it and it gets the job done.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Tucson T4R said:
Ho Ho Ho :sombrero:

I'm just running the 31 x 10.50 x 15s that came on it. They work fine for my needs.

The stove is a super miser. They are designed as a low pressure stove with larger orifices to help keep them from clogging with dust. The result is the burners are not roaring hot like some propane stoves but are very efficient. I may camp and cook for 15 plus nights before I top off the tank. Even then the tank is only half empty. Sometimes I think about getting a separate hot Wok type cooker but haven't yet. I have just gotten used to it and it gets the job done.

We'll see how it goes with the dual burner. I am super happy with my Partner Steel dual burner on my Horizon. Super miserly on propane, really kicks out the BTU's...seems more than its rated 15K BTU per burner, and very light weight. But it will be nice to have the broiler!

We're going to try running 33" to see how it does.

4hilux

Observer
Yeah, good on ya Brad - this is a cool thread that's needed in here.......!! ;) Me, I'm still sticking with my theory that your Kamper drawers are still on the wrong side.........

These are just a fantastic unit..........

BTW, if yours has got Aussie Goodyear Wrangler A/T's as tyres, chuck them on a balancer every 6 months or so, just to check they are'nt starting to delaminate........(go on - ask me how I know bout that......!!)

Last edited:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Very very nice. :26_7_2:
It looks like the tent is modular, from efficiency to full lodge. What's the time difference for set-ups? I'd imagine that the efficiency mode is as simple as opening the clam and deploying a couple of poles?

Have you seen the AT Clamshell thread? I'm hoping that somebody will want to buy my Conqueror once Martyn releases it and I've saved enough sheckles for it...

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Hilldweller said:
Very very nice. :26_7_2:
It looks like the tent is modular, from efficiency to full lodge. What's the time difference for set-ups? I'd imagine that the efficiency mode is as simple as opening the clam and deploying a couple of poles?

Have you seen the AT Clamshell thread? I'm hoping that somebody will want to buy my Conqueror once Martyn releases it and I've saved enough sheckles for it...

Your right, in nice weather the only set up is just flipping it open and adding 2 spreader bars inside over the hard floor end. Thats about a 5 minute set up. Witht he quick awning attached as mine has been recently, you add the porch support poles in the front and two more poles on the end of the overhead tarp. That set up takes about 15-20 mins.

From there you can zip on the bathroom/shower enclosure around the rear door - about 10 more minutes.

If you want the whole MASH unit set up with all the canvas, you zip on the larger front porch which uses about 6 more poles and then attach all the side canvas walls. By yourself this takes about an hour. With help you can cut that down to about 30 mins. I only go this route if I plan to stay in a base camp for awhile and the weather justifies it.

Add some more time if you want to be silly and set up the wood burning stove and chimney. Not really needed, but kinda fun when cold enough to justify. It really keeps the entire enclosed area toasty warm. :elkgrin:

I have been watching the thread on the AT Clamshell. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with. It should be sweet.

Last edited:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Redline said:
I PMed you Brad, but I'll ask here too.

Any close-ups of the Treg hitch?

Here are some pics of a TREG hitch set up. I don't think these pics came from a KK but they show the TREG well.

Tregg2.jpg

Tregg1.jpg

Here's a shot of the TREG on the KK:

ChainTank07041.jpg

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
4hilux said:
Yeah, good on ya Brad - this is a cool thread that's needed in here.......!! ;) Me, I'm still sticking with my theory that your Kamper drawers are still on the wrong side.........

These are just a fantastic unit..........

BTW, if yours has got Aussie Goodyear Wrangler A/T's as tyres, chuck them on a balancer every 6 months or so, just to check they are'nt starting to delaminate........(go on - ask me how I know bout that......!!)

No, your trailer has the drawers on the wrong side! :elkgrin:

Thanks for the tip on the tires. I expect mine are the Aussie Goodyears. No problems yet but I'll take your advise and have them balanced.

Last edited:

Sgt Grunt

Adventurer
You're getting me all fired up Brad!!!!! I may have to reconsider selling...

Great thread and pictures.

We need to put together a trailer rally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3

Members online