Brandy's 2012 JKUR Build

James Pierce

Adventurer
We have the same tent. How are you liking it?

Love the Safari Bow! Only complaint is it takes a lot longer to set up vs our RTT. If we are staying in the same spot more than one night I pick the Safari Bow. If we are on the move the Eezi Awn is the way to go.

James Pierce

Adventurer
ExtremeAire Magnum Compressor Install

Having the ability to inflate a tire after a repair or air up when hitting the pavement is a must. Up until now I've relied on my good friend Mark's Warn Powerplant when needing air so it was time I installed the ExtremeAire. I've been putting it off because I knew it wasn't going to be an easy mod. With limited room under the hood and installing it inside Brandy's daily driver not being an option the only place left was underneath. With the ExtremeAire being a completely sealed unit there is no chance of water getting in where it shouldn't which makes it an excellent candidate for mounting down under.

The build quality of these compressors is incredible. It is no wonder they won OJ's Editors Choice Award.

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

Test fitting the compressor above the crossmember just in front of the fuel tank.

IMG_1034.jpg

After taking a lot of measurements I began forming the metal plate that would become the bracket for the compressor.

IMG_1039.jpg

Last edited:

James Pierce

Adventurer
IMG_1040.jpg

Completed compressor bracket ready to be sandblasted and powder coated.

IMG_1047.jpg

I cut the legs off of the air tank and shortened them by 1 inch to gain a little extra clearance.

IMG_1044.jpg

I also added weld nuts to ease with the installation.

IMG_1042.jpg

Completed tank ready to be sandblasted and powder coated.

IMG_1046.jpg

Bracket back from the powder coater.

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

Tank being prepped for installation.

IMG_1088.jpg

The compressor bracket uses existing holes in the fuel tank skid and transmission crossmember. No drilling or modification to the jeep was required.

IMG_1092.jpg

James Pierce

Adventurer
Thanks Guys.

A few more for now:

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

105 amp 4ga plug

IMG_1084.jpg

Plug mounts to the front of the compressor bracket.

IMG_1094.jpg

Sometimes the easiest way isn't always the best. Needed to get in behind the inner fender to route the intake and front supply hoses.

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

Air tank mounted above the rear axel out of harms way.

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

Last edited:

Longtallsally

Adventurer
Very cool! Question: how did you mount the tank? Did you drill into the tub? Also, do you think the tank would fit in the same place you put the compressor? My wife has the Jeep today, so I can't go check, but I've already got a tank from my last Jeep and was thinking about the bracket to put the compressor under the hood (the one that goes off the brake booster).

It looks like a really clean install, but the tank back there so close to the axle spooks me. Did you cycle the suspension to make sure it won't hit?

James Pierce

Adventurer
The tank is attached to the tub with 4 8mm bolts. If the suspension were to completely bottom out there would still be 2" of clearance between the tank and axel. Remember I have the 2.5" AEV lift. Not sure how much clearance there would be on a stock JK. I also shortened the legs on the tank for an additional inch of clearance as you can see above.

I can't be certian but I don't think the two gallon tank I'm using would fit where the compressor is.

Cheers,

James

Last edited:

Longtallsally

Adventurer
I've got 2" JKS springs, but I don't think that would work for me. I'm trying to find a spot and was thinking I might be able to find a spot on the driver's side behind the t case, but I've got a couple months to heal from back surgery before I get serious and lay under the Jeep and look around. Thanks for the input.

Blackwater

Im getting old! :(
Truly awesome build thread.. I have been following you guys and some of your ozark adventures on YouTube..
I have to admit there are Alot of times I consider getting into a jeep, this is one of them..

Being from NW Arkansas, maybe I can catch up with you guys some time in the future on an overland trip!!

Keep up the awesome work!

James Pierce

Adventurer
Truly awesome build thread.. I have been following you guys and some of your ozark adventures on YouTube..
I have to admit there are Alot of times I consider getting into a jeep, this is one of them..

Being from NW Arkansas, maybe I can catch up with you guys some time in the future on an overland trip!!

Keep up the awesome work!

PM me and I'll add you to our FB group where we plan trips. Arkansas is one of my favorite destinations.

James Pierce

Adventurer
I've got 2" JKS springs, but I don't think that would work for me. I'm trying to find a spot and was thinking I might be able to find a spot on the driver's side behind the t case, but I've got a couple months to heal from back surgery before I get serious and lay under the Jeep and look around. Thanks for the input.

Another place I had considered before deciding on the location above the axel was along side the driveshaft. Depending on your tank that might work for you.

James Pierce

Adventurer
Spod

I elected to install an Spod to handle the additional wiring circuits required to power the Hella Lights, Air Compressor, and Winch Controls. I didn't realize how simple it could be. In the time I saved not having to build my own harness, fuses and relays it has paid for itself. In addition to the simplicity the low voltage cut off is an added bonus. I've already utilized it once by accident while testing out accessories.

IMG_1075.jpg

After installing the Spod I began by building harnesses for the Hella 4000 Compacts using Delco Weather Pack connectors.

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member