"Bruce" the 2014 Jeep JKUR Build Thread

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
That does look awesome! :beer:
Should be excellent off road too.
Top picture with it up on jacks, makes it look like you had a whole pit crew working on it. :)

I almost did. Once the debate of whether the tires would work on the stock wheels was settled, everyone in the shop seemed excited to install "cool tires" vs their usual OEM tires on Camrys. The one mechanic threw some 37s on it because we were curious what it'd look like.

zigsrig

Adventurer
Bruce looks GREAT!!!

Im glad the bolt worked for you.

For what its worth, i run my ko2's at 28psi for day to day travel. Long road trips, i bump them up a bit... Offload, i take them to 12psi (could go lower maybe) and they are smooth...

I loved the way my JK looked with the stock wheels and the larger tires. To me, its the way Jeep should have put them out like in the first place :sombrero:

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
Bruce looks GREAT!!!

Im glad the bolt worked for you.

For what its worth, i run my ko2's at 28psi for day to day travel. Long road trips, i bump them up a bit... Offload, i take them to 12psi (could go lower maybe) and they are smooth...

I loved the way my JK looked with the stock wheels and the larger tires. To me, its the way Jeep should have put them out like in the first place :sombrero:

Thanks again for the bolt!

Agreed. I also don't think I'd want them any bigger. I wish the steering wasn't so heavy and braking so soft. But the steering will just take some getting used to and I wanted the Mopar big brake kit anyway. Gearing seems pretty good. Can't chirp the tires anymore but RPMs on the highway are nice and low. And the larger tires seem to smooth out LA's terrible roads. I'm anxious to get them out in the dirt. But work has me on production until the end of October. So trying to find a weekend to get them dirty.

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
Finally got the latest set up in the dirt. My wife was out of town so the dog and I went up to the Kern River. I ran Rancheria Road and Sherman Pass Trail. I was solo, so I didn't stop to take pictures during the technical sections of Sherman Pass. But the 35s and 3.5 lift worked perfectly. I quickly realized that I do need to trim my rock rails. The PS tire chewed right through the plastic end cap. I was also glad that I got the dual ARB compressor. A fuse blew on one of the compressors, and I couldn't find the spare fuses. But luckily the other compressor still worked.

Waking up at 10,000ft and cruising through the forest with the dog, in the Jeep, with the Bestop Sunrider open, while drinking coffee and listening to the news seemed like the perfect way to kick off 9/11.

29348671770_06c506438e_c.jpg

29013179524_366baeb01c_c.jpg

29013140144_af2db5fa19_c.jpg

29641150395_86c3e5a0ce_c.jpg

Last edited:

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
Another from this weekend. Lots of different scenery. This is where I started in Bakersfield and took dirt roads to Sherman Pass.

29606200986_1d4ccd2e13_c.jpg

29641149865_58451ec50a_c.jpg

29641148655_2b5e13c86c_c.jpg

Last edited:

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
Great looking dog and Jeep! I'm slowly being convinced to spring for a 3.5" lift instead of a 2.5". Nice work!

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
Great looking dog and Jeep! I'm slowly being convinced to spring for a 3.5" lift instead of a 2.5". Nice work!

I was hesitant also, but I can say that the 3.5" lift works a little better and looks a lot better. It also handles loads better. The 2.5 is a huge improvement over stock and works great on a relatively stock jeep. But once I added some more weight, it started to feel as soft as the stock suspension had. It just depends on what you're use is.

Stock suspension with air bags in the rear was a pretty good set up also.

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
If I may ask how much did the AEV lift cost you? Love your ride by the way

Thanks!

$1800. Same as it costs everyone else. But I already had the procal and geo brackets. So selling the new ones helped a little. I got a lightly used 2.5 lift for $400. That's why I didn't go straight for the 3.5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach