Brunton Wind River Range: Huge Thumbs Up

bkrobbie

Observer
To make sure that an (increasingly rare, these days) act of good will goes rewarded, let me pass along the following story:

My wife and I have two young girls that we take camping for extended trips and, as ex backcountry backpackers, have found ourselves cooking for 4 people on her old, reliable MSR firefly.

Needless to say, mealtimes are a bit of an event with a single source of flame.

I threw in the towel and purchased a Brunton Wind River Range a month ago, and had it out for the first time this weekend - spectacular. Rugged, stable, simple, easy set-up, easy to clean, a ton of adjustability on the burners and a built in windsreen, and had water boiling for coffee in a heartbeat while simultaneously frying some eggs.

Heaven - except that the adapter that was provided to allow the regulator to attach to the smaller cannisters of propane was mis-threaded and proved almost impossible to screw onto the regulator with enough depth to deploy the pintle into the propane bottle and flow the gas.

Enter the vice-grips and channel-lock pliers, which solved the problem but I appear to have now fused the two parts together, rendering the regulator good for the mini bottles of propane only.

I called Brunton's customer service hotline, figuring I should just buy a new regulator and adapter. The rep picked up the phone in a hurry, heard me out, took my name and address and dropped some new parts in the mail without even asking for a proof of purchase or warranty card or serial number.

I was shocked.

The range is a terrific product, if spendy, and if this is typical of the level of support the company gives to its products I can't help but say it is well worth it.

IZZYDUSIT

Adventurer
I'll second that testament to a wonderful customer service and a great product!!
my regulator was defective- no worries- Brunton sent a new one at no time and no charge!! no question asked!!
Refreshing approach by this company - seems like a forgotten, dying concept to many other products and services this days.

bkrobbie

Observer
Another thumbs up - just back from two weeks on the road with the kids (we made it up to Fundy National Park in New Brunswick) and the monsters managed to completely destroy the potholder that comes with the Brunton Vapor cookset.

I sent them an email asking if I could buy a replacement, and they responded with a "don't be ridiculous, give us your address and we'll drop one in the mail to you".

davidv

Observer
I've had this stove for more than a year and it makes the old Coleman seem like a toy. My only complaint is that assembly is more complex then I would like.

The quality, heat, and adjustability out way this by a large margin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL

Members online