Bussmann RTMR: Not sure where i screwed up

GU4runner

So i am trying to install my Bussmann in my 4Runner but i'm running into some problems. The fuse only side works, but for some reason the relay side is not working. The switches are getting LED power and ground and light up when i turn on my lights or if i toggle them on. So i hooked up some D2 Rigids through one of my relays and when i go to toggle then on nothing happens. When i hook them up via just the fuse, they instantly turn on. Not exactly sure where i screwed this up at. Any input would be much appreciated.

GU4runner

The RTMR version that I am using is model 15303-2-2-4 which does five relays and ten fuses. It also has two internal busbars.
fd81a9873bb374ab24b1e42285affee1.jpg

3cee4ed43b958037bb6d5fab4cd61c37.jpg

8238389a81f38a9f234386f351683c7b.jpg

From double checking, as far as I can tell I've I jumpered the fuses to the relays correctly. The way I did it was relays with odd numbered fuse slots. So Fuse1Relay1, Fuse3Relay2.
98cec19bb2225c3d73229060c10f391d.jpg

I attached common 100A mini busbars on both sides to run all the grounds to and I have the positive connection running through anumber ANL fuse holder with an 80A fuse. I am by no means a electrical guy and this is my first time building one.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Not familiar with that thing so shooting in the dark here.

Relays generally require two power sources: One to activate the relay's magnet, and one controlled BY the relay. Just from the description in your OP, it sounds to me like you have power to operate the relay, but not the power that is being controlled by the relay. So you flip the switch, and the relay activates, but since there's no power being controlled by the relay, when you hook up your lights to test it, they don't get power.

PhilipE

Observer
I see your main power connection. How are you grounding the relays for operation. Eather pin 85/86 has to be grounded for a relay to work. It doesn't matter if it is a 4 or 5 pin relay.

Which ever pin you ran the switch wire too. The other pin has to go to ground.

GU4runner

I see your main power connection. How are you grounding the relays for operation. Eather pin 85/86 has to be grounded for a relay to work. It doesn't matter if it is a 4 or 5 pin relay.

Which ever pin you ran the switch wire too. The other pin has to go to ground.
I have a jumper that I put between the 100A busbars.

I actually was able to figure out my issue. I noticed that my lower independent LEDs on the switches were lighting up but not the upper dependent LEDs. Pulled everything out and found that my power terminal had slipped out of the housing connector.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay2thaC