C.Shontz 2001 Jeep Cherokee (Progress)

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
Any update on those leafs? I had actually just posted about those. I can get those springs packs for 257 shipped to my door. Glad to see someone else is using them.

No updates yet. Trying to find the time and motivation to spend a few hours turning wrenches on the cold garage floor.

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
Installed a CS033RB on the driver's side, today. I didn't do both because I spent some time wrestling with rusty bolts and experimenting with pack configuration.

Even with the extra leaf removed, the ride height was still increased by a generous amount. More than I had hoped, but it should be ideal when the Jeep is heavily laden for adventure.

15936774959_049b04c9ca_b.jpg

virginia_jeeper

Craft Beer Explorer
Installed a CS033RB on the driver's side, today. I didn't do both because I spent some time wrestling with rusty bolts and experimenting with pack configuration.

Even with the extra leaf removed, the ride height was still increased by a generous amount. More than I had hoped, but it should be ideal when the Jeep is heavily laden for adventure.

15936774959_049b04c9ca_b.jpg

With the that middle leaf removed will it be about level with a 3" coil?

Jeepinaaron

Adventurer
Nice XJ. I had a 2000 XJ with a RE 3.5" with 31" MTR's. I loved it, until the head cracked. I parted it out and sold it. Then I went to an LJ, then had a child, now I'm in a WJ.

I like your head unit delete. I am currently deleting mine, but am looking to do an in the dash Nexus 7 install. I like your switch idea though!

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
New springs all installed, sans extra leaves. They're noticeably firmer. My dozen-year-old shocks might be inadequate, but they'll do for the time being. The Cherokee is completely empty in this picture. In contrast, my front suspension is extremely soft (and also old).

It looks like a lot of rake right now, but it'll settle a little, and I think this will be ideal for heavy payload and towing.

15991538787_43995d4971_b.jpg

virginia_jeeper

Craft Beer Explorer
I can't remember what your ride height out in front is. I just got 3" coils for mine and I ordered those same leaf packs. So take a leaf out? And are you using stock shackles? Thanks.

mjmck

Observer
Nice ride, working on getting one myself. Used to have a TJ on 35's but it was a weekend toy, I need a DD with capability.

Look forward to more updates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3