C5500 Mobile Command Family overlander

Korey H

dd98dd8afbe620b4d92c20ae9b6e6a9d.jpg

CRL portals are in. These are for the kids bunks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ben_j_c

Interested in your bunk bed setup as we are planning something similar. What spacing are you using between the beds? How wide/long did you go? Do you have a plan for the mattress already?

We have been thinking 28-26 inches between bunks, 4 inch foam pads and 72x30 inches. Our kids are still pretty little, so this seems huge for us currently, but always looking to learn from someone who already build one, and presumably the kids tried them out somewhat!

Korey H

def1b6e688a3c2153d8a90e3cfe6d4f1.jpg

Vantech rack. I really like their products. Heavy duty aluminum and cost effective. This is where the spares will live.

Korey H

Interested in your bunk bed setup as we are planning something similar. What spacing are you using between the beds? How wide/long did you go? Do you have a plan for the mattress already?

We have been thinking 28-26 inches between bunks, 4 inch foam pads and 72x30 inches. Our kids are still pretty little, so this seems huge for us currently, but always looking to learn from someone who already build one, and presumably the kids tried them out somewhat!

2b432ad4e953cc7b154e0203b13e5e51.jpg

They’re 27 x 72, this will give room for little cube “closets” at the foot. They’re 24” tall each. Custom cutting 3” memory foam.

Used CRL portals and installing little bendy reading lights (with USB chargers) at the head. Likely also a small net organizer for books / tablets.

Korey H

e43c54dd86089cf396ee60f273ca0acb.jpg

Bottom folds to make a sitting area. Drawers beneath for storage and conceal heat duct in the back.

cre1992

It’s an 07 with the LBZ and Alison with divorced transfer case. This weight is all new to me so learning along the way.

Primary mods are tuning and fuel pump / filtration. As I understand at this weight they’re actually tuned down from the factory and have significant potential up to 600 hp though you lose durability the higher you go. Off just memory I think it sits at about 360hp stock and through tuning and a couple light mods will go up 20-25% also tuning will allow the use of the sixth gear that they installed and didn’t use (weird).

The engines are detuned from the factory so they can essentially be beat/lugged on and not destroyed. The transmission is also limited to the 5th gear due to both 5th and 6th gears being over drive gears. The Allison 1000 is a great transmission without a doubt. (My DD is a tuned Duramax with a tuned trans) However when subjected to a heavy truck and high power, it will need some upgrading. You can tune them but don't expect anywhere near 600rwhp without a bunch of mods. I recommend an egr delete if you tune it.

Also sweet rig. That's a great build platform.

Korey H

f40c9cbdf906730506fb2971ec61f420.jpg

Vantech aluminum rack customized with an aluminum platform. Ready for the spare. Next up... hoist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad

Members online