Cadac Safari Chef Grill

Adventurer
HI All,
Can someone who owns this gadget do me the favor of measuring the packed dimensions meaning fully ready to be packed in the vehicle. I have very limited storage space. I need maximum diameter and thickness in the bag. I have done some web research and for some reason, the packed, ready to go size is not to be found.

Thanks, Sparky

Last edited:

Adventurer
HI fatrat,
Thanks a bunch. Is that 12 inches thick or in diameter? Sorry to be so picky but I have a very specific storage space in mind so it's important.

Sparky

fatrat

SE Expedition Society
The grill made really good burgers this past weekend when I was out camping.

P1190253.jpg

It was nice to be able to use the lid to boil water for coffee, grits, & making soup too.

Adventurer
HI All,
I just want to thank you guy's and girls for turning me on to this grill. I placed an Amazon order on Sunday and it arrived today via UPS Ground. It's really nice. It's well thought out and well made. Impressive versatility. It has cooking modes I probably won't use but being able to BBQ and cook pancakes...well, nice. Also, it fits quite nicely in the space I have available for it. All in all, I think it is a winner.

I just fired it up for the first time on top of my back yard grille. To night I'm going to BBQ a burger and Cristen it.

Thanks Again, Sparky

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
I just got mine out of the box and am pleased with it in general. One question - What is the recommended way to pack it in the bag? I can't find any instructions for packing in the manual. I fiddled around with it and ultimately put the griddle, upper deflector, and wire grill into the lower deflector, set the burner on top of that, and bowl over top. This seems OK but I am a bit concerned about the burner adjustment knob getting impacted in this configuration. If anybody has a better idea please sing out...

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
I've been interested in this grill for the last couple years but have never got an answer to my question. Maybe some of you are thinking along this line...

As opposed to using the disposable propane canisters, can an adapter to the gas inlet be used and a regular refillable propane tank (Lite cylinder) be used in its place?

I use a tank for my stove and I'd like to carry only one fuel source. Thanks!

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
The instructions say no...but in looking it over, I don't see any reason why it couldn't be hooked up to a refillable tank. I'm guessing it just hasn't been tested or certified in that mode, so as a CYA they say no.

Tbars

Adventurer
...I had the same concern and found no packing instruction so on mine, I packed it as such..

1) On the bottom of the bag i put the 2 bagged items in first. (top deflector plate, reversible grill/gridle)
2) then the wire grid

..more or less all the accessories flat on the bottom first..;)

3) next goes the stove body..(add 1-piece of foam then go to #4)
4) then flip the bottom deflector plate upside down and it will clear the knob.

5) That leaves only the wok/lid to put on top of the bottom deflector and it fits snuggly..

...I looked at it pretty well before I packed it up while mainly taking into consideration to not scratch any on the non-stick or painted surfaces...I used 2-pieces of their pre-cut foam for packing in the bag to help keep it from moving or rattling around in the bag..(1-piece before item #4 and 1 final piece after installing lid, kind of a padded bag set up)

Last edited:

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Thanks, I'll give that a try. That is some nice foam that came in the box, might as well use it.

brushogger

Explorer
Mine came with individual cloth cases for each part with non-stick coating. Do the newer models not have these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach