California smog check for Light Duty Diesels

bobcat charlie

Adventurer
FYI...I have a pyro and they didn't fail me. The whole $72 'smog test' took less than 10 minutes...at that rate that would be $432/hour!

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: DMV and SMOG restrictions are a few of the many reasons I registered my jeep in Nevada--relatively few rules and no SMOG requirements--

:costumed-smiley-007:bike_rider: JIMBO

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
:sombrero: DMV and SMOG restrictions are a few of the many reasons I registered my jeep in Nevada--relatively few rules and no SMOG requirements--

:costumed-smiley-007:bike_rider: JIMBO

Washoe County, Reno area, has diesel smog. It depends on the county you live in.

D

DEEZLPWR

all of this emissions crap is all about money revenue. charging $75for a human being to take 10 second to observe something is criminal and absolutely insane to do so at that price. If someone requires us to have us take time out of our life to bring our vehicle to them so they can see if it clears why do we have to pay when they are the ones requiring it???????????

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DEEZLPWR

Water vapor is a green house gas.

and clouds are made of.......

water vapor is a phase of a liquid not a gas.

what negative effects does water vapor have on the planet (aside from cloud cover)? I mean we should take god to court for making clouds....

really this is the argument? cant have everything.

We as human beings put out more CO2 than anything on this planet.

We should stop breathing.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DEEZLPWR

How long before they start smog test for the motorcyles?

hopefully never. modern bikes run so dang clean all it will be is another source of revenue...

we will be nickle and dimed to death till we are taxed on air to breathe

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
and clouds are made of.......

water vapor is a phase of a liquid not a gas.

what negative effects does water vapor have on the planet (aside from cloud cover)? I mean we should take god to court for making clouds....

really this is the argument? cant have everything.

We as human beings put out more CO2 than anything on this planet.

We should stop breathing.

A couple stipulations first:

1. I don't want to turn this into another global climate change debate.
2. I'm not a believer in the scientific case for global climate change.

That said, water vapor is indeed a gas. It is in fact the gaseous phase of water.

Water vapor also happens to be the most common greenhouse gas in our atmosphere. A greenhouse gas is one that absorbs and emits energy in the infrared spectrum, thereby causing the earth to warm.

If we conclude that CO2 is a pollutant due to its greenhouse gas properties, it's only logical that we would deem human produced water vapor to also be a pollutant since it has similar greenhouse properties.

So, my original comment was intended to point out that hydrogen powered vehicles do in fact have emissions, and those emissions may be considered by some to be "pollution". And by the way, we haven't even talked about what happens in the production of the hydrogen that goes in the car in the first place. I'm not sure either of those facts are commonly recognized by many that believe hydrogen is the answer to the world's problems.

So, as you say, we can't have everything.

D

DEEZLPWR

now that you cleared it up it makes more sense. and i wont turn this into a climate thread either. :D

bajajoaquin

Adventurer
hopefully never. modern bikes run so dang clean all it will be is another source of revenue...

we will be nickle and dimed to death till we are taxed on air to breathe

Actually, the requirements for motorcycles are only about a third as stringent as for cars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater