Camp shower idea

A

agavelvr

But all of the photos are deleted. How can we learn from that? ggeeezzzz

:D

Crap, I guess we all know who the real amateur is now :) I searched for the photos, and they appear to be lost. If someone is really interested in duplicating this setup, I will be happy to photograph it again.

targa88

Explorer
Crap, I guess we all know who the real amateur is now :) I searched for the photos, and they appear to be lost. If someone is really interested in duplicating this setup, I will be happy to photograph it again.

Pix are always good.... "worth a thousand words"

kramme

Observer
I put this together today for a shower. I got all the items at Lowes and used a 1/4 ' barb to connect the hoses.

I painted the tank with black plasticoat. I will test it next week but looks like it will work out well. .

When possible can you show a pic of what the barb looks like - I have the shower head from Lowes now and need to attach somehow to my water sprayer, and not sure what a "barb" looks like. This is a really nice shower head - thanks for the heads up on it!

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
camp shower

This has been so painful . Either people don't read what is wrtitten or don't have the ability to figure things out. Like how to connect two hoses/tubes together

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 684

kramme

Observer
Thanks treenail and mep1811! You helped me to get a visual of what I need. Sorry to be a pain, perhaps for some this is easy but this camping gal knows little in this area of hardware stuff but is learning. :wings:That is what I like about the forums sharing and learning.

I have a coleman instant hot water device that I love and the shower wand was very cheaply made thus looking to replace. Now this provides a way to have a better shower handle. I will post a picture shortly of what put together! unnamed.jpg

Cheers, Melanie :coffee:

bdichristina

Bobby D.
I've never used this as a camp shower, but it could easily be adapted. I do a lot of dry-camping where I fill 6-gal water cans at the ranger station and hall them to the camper in the back of the truck. The tank in the camper holds 26-gals which is just over four jerry cans. 6-gals of water weighs about 50 lbs and I was getting quite a workout lifting and holding these up, to pour the water into the camper tank.

I took a ShureFlow, 12v water pump I had from an old camper and mounted it in a plastic toolbox from Harbor Freight. I installed a 12v jack in the back of the camper next to the water input (a-la cigaret lighter), and wired the plug and leads to the pump. I threaded hose fittings onto the pump's in and out ports and I keep a couple lengths of clean water hose in plastic bags.

When I'm ready to fill the camper, out comes the "pump-in-a-box". One hose goes into the jerry can, the other into the camper's water fill, I plug in the power then sit back and enjoy while the water transfers. At full flow, it take about 3 minutes per can.

One could easily tee the output from the pump; one being cold water direct to the shower head, the other being hot water (perhaps running through a coil of copper tubing in the camp fire, hot box, or solar collector), then to a valve to mix with the cold at the shower head. Tons of possibilities here.

I apologize that I don't have a picture to share. My box is in the camper which is still in winter storage. Just imagine opening a toolbox and having a water pump inside. Simple enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater