Camper and Truck Photos

busyman1234

Well... I looked into it... and it actually would be an easier build if I could get used to the sides of the camper sticking out 7" on both sides. I felt like it would be easier to open the roof up with the entry door facing to the side. Also, I was planning on doing slide outs with the sink, stove, and cook prepping area off of the back of the truck. With the entry way on the tail gate it would be difficult to keep dirt and other BS from getting on to the cooking area. I plan on making this a all in one slide in camper assembly that can be jacked up and off loaded w/out the forklift. The underside would serve as the gear storage as well. Any suggestions on cassette toilets that withstand being in a shower basin inside the camper where the sink and stove is now? The little ones need a place to go in the middle of the night besides out the door. So does the little lady.

Greedyg76

Semper Fi
What do you guys think about this set up? I haven't attached anything yet but I want to give it a try. The camper was free and I was thinking of turning it into a removable overland rig to go to the beach, and other remote areas for some off the grid camping. It will be cleaned up, customized, and painted to fit the truck.

Busyman, you read my mind!! When I had my old popup trailer, I used to think about this set up all the time. I do however agree with others about rotating 90* to put the door over the bed. Looks like turning would also allow you to drop the camper closer to the bed and not have to worry about the pull outs clearing the top of the truck cab. Probably be alot safer getting in and out in the dark too. One other advantange to turning 90* is with the bit of overhang off the sides would give you a place to mount traditional style camper jacks for loading/unloading. I think its a great idea, start a thread when you start making mods.

GermanInBC

here's what i started working on,looks like a tent trailer, it's a coleman from the late 70's early 80's, picked it up for little money and needs a lot of work.
i started by removing the rotten roof, interior is gutted, fold down side are in the process of being repaired,
windows need repairing,resealed or replaced, there's a heater but i dont know yet if and how it works

any advice and input on my project?

k-P1070381.JPG

k-P1070459.JPG

k-0009qerq.jpg

Stan@FourWheel

Explorer
FWC's in Japan

Ever wonder what an RV show looks like in Japan?

Here are a couple of Four Wheel Campers.

:)

Attachments

• FWC in Japan 2.JPG
    FWC in Japan 2.JPG
    240.7 KB · Views: 108
  • FWC in Japan.JPG
    FWC in Japan.JPG
    224.6 KB · Views: 113
  • R0014424.jpg
    R0014424.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 3,354
  • R0014433.jpg
    R0014433.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 3,356
  • R0014448.jpg
    R0014448.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 3,348

762X39

Explorer
Totally awesome. Are the microtrucks gas or diesel?
Kind of like backpacking but with a pop up camper.:coffee:

NothingClever

Explorer
Stan, if I were Tom and you ever needed corrective counseling, I wouldn't chew you out....I'd make you drive to work and sleep in one of those for a week. You'd look like one of those contortionists inside a clear box where the side of their face is like smashed up against their butt or something.

:sombrero:

JoelCragAz

2010 Tundra W/ Flippac

I figure I should add some details about the 2010 TUNDRA.

Front Suspension:
Total C Upper Control Arms W/ Icon Coil Overs Adjustable up to 4"

Rear Suspension:
OME Springs W/ extra leaf and Shocks

Tires:
Toyo Open Country 285/75/18

The ride on road and off road is night and day from stock!

SLO_F-250

Explorer
Man,
All those clean truck with Flip-pacs makes me want to simplify and go that route! Nice rigs guys! :Wow1:
Paul

NothingClever

Explorer
Man, I sure wish Toyota made the Tundra in a manual transmission. There'd be one in my driveway quicker than you can speed dial a bank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl