Camper Trailer under 8' Height

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I drag mine on various adventures off paved roads. It literally weighs a ton so I don’t do hairy technical stuff with it. It’s ground clearance is better than my lifted 4Runners! I just put the screws back in it after they have all rattled out from the trip. It’s a great base camp suitable for most forest service roads. View attachment 748547
I heard a rumor that Aliner is moving to aluminum frame interior structure and non wood sub floor material ?

tlrols

Oh that would be nice. At least the Aluminum frame part. The non-wood sub floor should be good but who knows long term? All affordable commercial built trailers are inexpensively constructed. Staples everywhere. Basically a fiberglass/foam/sheet metal can of sorts.

The one downside of an aluminum frame is modifications are slightly more difficult if you want to weld to it. You need gas in your MIG bottle and AL weldable stock isn’t at a neighborhood hardware store.

DR BrianO

I appreciate everyone's input on the camper, we were able to buy something about 4 weeks ago.

We have always said we want anything, but a popup camper.

Long story short- We bought a popup camper, but it did meet our under 8' requirement. We found a deal we could not pass up, the previous owner had only used it 3 times (covid purchase). It has everything we wanted and more plus we can stay off the grid for a few days thanks to the previous owner adding solar and throwing in a dual fuel generator.

Camper.jpgCamper 2.jpgCamper 3.jpgCamper 4.jpgCamper 5.jpgCamper 6.jpgCamper 7.jpgCamper 8.jpg

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I appreciate everyone's input on the camper, we were able to buy something about 4 weeks ago.

Long story short- We bought a popup camper, but it did meet our under 8' requirement. We found a deal we could not pass up, the previous owner had only used it 3 times (covid purchase). It has everything we wanted and more plus we can stay off the grid for a few days thanks to the previous owner adding solar and throwing in a dual fuel generator.

View attachment 751644View attachment 751636View attachment 751637View attachment 751638View attachment 751639View attachment 751640View attachment 751641View attachment 751642

Pop ups are the best $ for square foot of space ratio there is!

EPO

View attachment 751644View attachment 751636View attachment 751637View attachment 751638View attachment 751639View attachment 751640View attachment 751641View attachment 751642
Looks great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater