CampWithChin 2010 Sequoia build

molanginaeda

Observer
Similar to you, I'm looking to spec out a Sequoia to travel the country.
You mentioned that your Sequoia had high mileage when you bought it. Was curious how many miles it had when you bought it and how many miles it has now. Thanks!

Bought my 2011 sequoia with 130k. It’s now with 180k. I have been blessed with Toyota 3UR-FE engine that I got another rig with 3UR-FE engine.

Also there is something wrong with you blog link in the first post.

Sorry about the broken link. I corrected the link. I started the blog a few years and I change the name since. www.campwithchin.com is my blog website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

molanginaeda

Observer
Nice rig - what is your break setup? Also, are you still on the OEM Upper Control Arm with the lift?

- BD

I used powerstop disc and pad. Not the best but price well. I’m still on OEM UCA. The rig only lifted a bit with my setup which has no problem with alignment.

TMOD

Bought my 2011 sequoia with 130k. It’s now with 180k. I have been blessed with Toyota 3UR-FE engine that I got another rig with 3UR-FE engine.

Sorry about the broken link. I corrected the link. I started the blog a few years and I change the name since. www.campwithchin.com is my blog website.

Cool blog. Lots of good information.
So you've moved on from the Sequoia to a 2013 Land Cruiser now?
How do they compare as far as real world travel comfort and performance?

molanginaeda

Observer
Cool blog. Lots of good information.
So you've moved on from the Sequoia to a 2013 Land Cruiser now?
How do they compare as far as real world travel comfort and performance?

We will be keeping the sequoia platform since it’s huge, roomy and comfy for long distance travel. It’s pretty capable on off-road trail.

LC is a notch better on off-road capability. Luxury/comfort is nicer, but less storage. I choose it because the 26 gal tank on Sequoia has limited travel range. Hope to retrofit an aux tank to LC to provide a longer range capability. Both rig is powered by 3UR-FE engine. Easy for me to maintain and upkeep it.

molanginaeda

Observer
Add some new upgrade to the sequoia.

881da2804b94deacc0ba77aa6b43a7c5.jpg

molanginaeda

Observer
Upgraded tires and rims. Previously, I’m running 32” setup with BFG KO2 275/55R20 paired with Method Racing Wheel NV 20”. New setup is 34” setup with Falken Wildpeak AT3W 285/75R17 paired with Icon Alloys Rebound 17”.

4CE61545-3A01-4145-B260-C75DE340EB9A.jpeg

Last edited:

irish44j

Been following along quietly for a while (great build). Anyhow, about to upgrade from my 05 Sequoia to a 2nd gen, likely with fairly high miles. Just wondering if you've had any particular issues with yours over the years mechanically? Also, you said it's a New England truck - any rust issues?

Keep it up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk