Can't think of a catchy name but I'm ALL IN now.

oPAULo

Jack of all terrain
Nice!
I'm just more comfortable with steel and have all the tools. Woodworking has never been my strong suite.

I'll be doing cabinets next. 2 overhead. 1 full height. 1 counter height. Then maybe we can start finishing and add some color.

oPAULo

Jack of all terrain
Nice progress. Are you going to cover the plywood with some type of padding and upholstery?

Still really torn about this. There will be 4 inch cushions on everything for sleeping and to sit on when the dinette is deployed. Knowing Amy and I, things will get spilled. I'm leaning tward having all the wood in a nice painted finish for quick easy maintenance.

Bronco bobby

Observer
I have been thinking this over as well. I am thinking either auto carpet you can buy in rolls at auto parts stores or maybe round the edges of the plywood nicely and apply a do it yourself roll on bedliner material.

Still really torn about this. There will be 4 inch cushions on everything for sleeping and to sit on when the dinette is deployed. Knowing Amy and I, things will get spilled. I'm leaning tward having all the wood in a nice painted finish for quick easy maintenance.

oPAULo

Jack of all terrain
A little hardware waiting when I got home from work this morning. Sequoia locking, flush mount, no giant holes in the floor, with cover caps. Feels like nice stuff. I can fit 6 people here no problem.

It's like a small picnic table! This is awesome and motivating. This is gonna be sweet.

Mwilliamshs

Explorer
I'd somehow overlooked the U-bolts till now but that's kinda brilliant. Nice and smooth, rounded edges so no gashes if you bump your leg against them, sturdy, cheap, and threaded so replaceable, adjustable, etc plus the tiedown aspect...man I really like the way you think! You say 'slow but sure' and I think you're killin' it bro! Excellent progress and looks great. I do have a thought though, looking at your quick-disconnect table bases (which I'd never seen before BTW, nice find!) I think I'd try recessing them in the plywood a bit to make them flush or at least reduce the raised edges to just 1 instead of what looks like 2 different levels of elevation. Maybe cut them in from the bottom or mortise a recess in the surface of the ply...just a thought. Since we both ride I'll share a planned idea of mine: Use a detachable wheel-chock like the Pingles that have been around forever, and when the chock is removed fabricate a base to fit in its base that serves as a table base. It'd be hella-stout for a table (definite overkill) but would mean one set of holes and one round of labor would serve 2 purposes. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

oPAULo

Jack of all terrain
Maybe cut them in from the bottom or mortise a recess in the surface of the ply...just a thought.

Having the same thought. Just got to figure a way to router a perfect circle to recess the plates a bit.

Thanks for the kind words!! Much appreciated.

Mwilliamshs

Explorer
Actually I know how to do that :)

You wantin' to recess them from above or come in from below? Got a link to where ya got em? Are they ITC Table Base, Aluminum, Sequoia, 7" TR4004-P? Found some stainless ones too. I gotta get another Overton's catalog. It's been too long since I wasted a ton of money on boat stuff.

I had a step-by-step 'how to make and use a template with a bearing-guided patterning bit and plunge router' all typed up but got auto-logged-out and lost it. Dumb work computer! PM me if you need to. Bet there's YouTube vids on the subject too but I been doing that sorta thing so long I can do it quicker than explain it.

Last edited:

oPAULo

Jack of all terrain
I NEEEED a tambour door in the front of this.
We decided against full height in favor of a spot to throw helmets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven