CB Radio ideas

digitaldelay

Explorer
I use a Midland 75-822.

EDIT: Now that I'm thinking about it, the time I tried using it with the rubber duck antenna, I actually used the 12V/antenna adapter instead of the battery pack; I just plugged in the 12V for power and left the antenna connection not plugged into anything. I'm wondering if the radio is configured to ignore the antenna recepticle on the top of the radio when the external antenna adapter is attached, meaning that it wasn't using the rubber duck antenna attached to the top, it was attempting to use an external antenna (which obviously wasn't there). This would mean that the radio was basically operating without an antenna.

What I'm getting at (in a very long-winded sort of way) is that you might be able to use the radio without an external antenna from inside the cab if you use a battery pack instead of the 12V adapter. However, if this did work, I still doubt that it would work well.

I can confirm that once you attach the 12V adapter, the radio is looking for an external antenna. I wanted to use 12VDC with the rubber ducky (for stealth) but no go. Otherwise, I love this radio! I paired with my Lil' Wil or Wilson 1000 magnet mounts.

Jason

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner